Riddle Man

You walked into the precinct with a smile on your face. As soon as you walked in, everybody pointed their guns at you. "Hands up, Y/L/N!" You raised your hands in surrender with a smirk. "Hey! I'm not lookin' for any trouble. I'm just here to chat!"

     You saw Barnes walking towards you. "What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in Arkham," he shouted. You smirked and pulled out your certificate. "Actually, I'm sane as sane can be now." He looked up to you with pure shock. "How did you-?" You smirked. "I've had a rebirth of sorts. I'm a new person. I'm doing good now."

     "What do you want?" He asked as he shifted uncomfortably. You smiled. "I'm here for the riddle man." He furrowed his eyebrows. "Nygma?" You nodded. "That's the one."

     He sighed and looked around before turning back to you. "His office is down the first hall, last on the right. Make it quick. You've already made half of my men piss their pants." You giggled as you walked towards the office. You noticed everybody was staring at you. "What's wrong? You guys are acting as if I were crazy!"

     When you reached the door, you went to knock, but stopped at the sound of voices. "What is Tom Doherty like?" You recognized the man you meant last time's voice. "Rotten."

     "Mhm," You heard Jim. Of course it was him. "That's what I heard. And Kringle told you herself that she was moving south with Doherty?" He asked. "Not in person. She left a note," the riddle man confessed. Who was Kringle?

     "Can I take a look at it?" Jim asked. "I didn't really think of it as a keepsake," riddle man said. Suddenly, a phone ringing ripped through the air. "Right. Yeah, excuse me," Jim excused himself.

     "Yeah," he answered. "Again? Yeah, okay. I'm on my way." You heard the door open so you hid behind a rack and watched him run back to the lobby. Once you were sure he was gone, you walked back towards the lab.

     "So, that's the game, is it, Jimbo?" He asked. "Gonna try to outsmart me? Play me for a fool? I don't think so." You slowly opened the door, causing him to jump up from his position. He smirked. "I haven't seen you in a minute," you joked, closing the door.

     You turned back to the man and saw he had a blank stare. "So, who's Kringle?" The man cleared his throat. "She's my, um, well, my girlfriend." You smirked. "Riddle man has game!?" You exclaimed. "It's Ed," he said. You scoffed. "Whatever. Anyway, I need your help."

     "With?" He asked. You jumped onto the counter and sat on it. "Breaking Oswald and Babs out of Arkham." His eyes widened. "How is Oswald? Is he ok?" He freaked out. You smirked. "Oswald's fine. Well, as fine as you can be in an asylum, but he's ok."

     He sighed in relief. "Thank god." You tilted your head to the side. "Riddle man? Why do you like penguin so much?" He shuffled in embarrassment. "He's my only friend. He's helping me to be the real me." You raised an eyebrow. "Like.... you both." You began to laugh.

     "What's so funny?" He asked. "It's just, I wouldn't have guessed that you were a killer. I mean, it was obvious you had some problems, but murder? Doesn't seem like your forte." He straightened his tie. "I bet you were like that before... you, um." You raised an eyebrow. "Before I killed many, many people?" He nodded. "Yeah. That."

     You went to talk when you heard voices in the hallway. "Listen here, Riddle man. I can't talk now. Especially not here. Where do you live?" You asked. He turned around and scratched something onto a sticky note and turned around, handing it to you.

     You stared at the address before looking at him. That was the same apartment building that you went to the night Galavan was killed. You decided not to say anything. He probably wouldn't appreciate you practically stalking his home beforehand. "Thank you." He nodded. "Bye-bye, Riddle man." He smiled at you. "See you soon, Clown girl."