Nygma the Enigma

You sat in a holding cell, staring at the floor. How could you have been so stupid to be caught! Being sent back to Arkham was like a nightmare. Not only were you going to be alone, but you let Jerome down by being caught. This was two steps back from making him proud.

     You looked up as you heard somebody opening the cell door. You saw that it was the bald man from the night Theo was killed. You smirked at him. "I remember you," You said. "You're the one Penguin knocked out with the vase." He glared at you. "Get up," he ordered.

    You held your hands up in a surrender the best you could with your hands handcuffed. "No need to get so defensive." He growled and walked over to you, roughly pulling you up. "Hey! Watch it!" You cried.

     He dragged you through the precinct. You saw that many of the cops were staring at you. You knew they were probably peeing their pants. The thought caused you to giggle.

     You made direct eye contact with Jim. You smirked at him while he looked at you with pleading eyes. You just shrugged and followed the bald man.

     Once you reached the room, he pushed you down onto the seat. "Let's get right to it. What happened the night of Theo Galavan's murder?" You leaned your arms into the table.
"Well, Theo died, that was a big one, I actually saved Bruce Wayne, the boy I tried to murder, and I came back to Gotham."

     "Did Jim Gordon have anything to do with the murder?" He asked. You stared at him. "Depends. Does letting us escape to save your Sorry ass count? He couldn't catch us, so he returned to you. Well, that's what I would assume. All I know is that James Gordon was not there when I killed that backstabbing, dumbo-eared, douchebag."

     He looked to the table with conflicting eyes. "I have a question." He looked up to you, waiting. "Who are you?" You asked. "Captain Barnes." You leaned back in the chair. "So you're the one that took over after Essen. What a tragedy." He looked up at you with anger. "You're going to Arkham, you crazy bitch."

     You began to giggle as he dragged you out. "No! Please, mister! I'll change my ways! I'll be a good girl," you said sarcastically. He pulled you back into the precinct, but you weren't done.

     You used all of your might to stop Barnes from pulling you. All of the cops were staring at you, and you made sure to make eye contact with every single one of them.

     "You guys aren't still mad at me for killing Essen, right? I mean, she was such a goody-goody. Like the law says this, the law says that," you mocked. They all looked at you with pure shock and anger. "Glad we can all put this behind us!" You shouted as Barnes began to drag you back to the holding cell.

     He threw you into the cell. You skidded before hitting the wall. "This is where you belong, scum," he said, locking the cell. You groaned and sat on the bench. What a jerk.
Essen never would have treated you like that.

You killed Essen.

     You were brought back to realty when you heard a noise behind you. "Psst." You turned and saw a tall man standing there, going through files. He had brown hair and wore glasses and a lab coat.

     "Don't look at me. I'll get in trouble for talking to you," he informed you. You chuckled. "You need to learn that the bozos in here aren't the rulers of your life. If you wanna talk to me, you can fucking talk to me. Live a little," You joked.

     He turned to you and sighed. He walked up to the bars so you were face to face. "What belongs to you, but others use it more?" He asked. You thought for a second before smiling.

     "I know this one! Jerome used to ask me riddles all the time when were were younger!" You exclaimed. The man looked to you with confusion. "I thought he was more of a jokes guy." Your shrugged. "He went through a phase."

     "Anyway! It's your name! The answer is your name!" You clapped. He smiled at you. "Correct. My name is Edward Nygma." He put his hand through the bars for you to shake. You grabbed his hand and shook it. "Y/N Y/L/N."

     "Nice to meet you, Miss, Y/L/N. So, I take it you're going to Arkham?" He asked. You nodded. "Back to the looney bin I go." He nodded. "As you might know, Oswald Cobblepot was sent there yesterday. He is a dear friend of mine, and, well, I was hoping you could keep an eye on him for me."

     You furrowed your eyebrows. "Penguin? Sure. I've meant him before. He helped me kill Theo Galavan," You confessed. He smiled. "Thank you, Miss. Y/L/N." You smirked. "Don't thank me yet, Nygma. I have one condition." He gulped and looked at you nervously. "What would that condition be?" You leaned in close to the bars and you could feel his breath fanning your face.

"You owe me."