Lessons

"What do you want?" Bruce spat. You held your hands up in surrender. "I'm just here to hang with my friend, Kitty, but it looks like you beat me to it," you said. He walked up to you, anger evident on his face.

     "You tried to kill me," he pointed out. You put your hands down and rolled your eyes. "But I also saved you from Theo Galavan," you pointed out. "You killed Theo Galavan," he said. You nodded. "Yes, I know that. I have killed many people," you said.

     "That night at the gala, he killed Jerome. Why? I heard that Theo was the one that broke you guys out," he interrogated. You sighed. "Do we have to do this right here? I'd rather go somewhere more private. Like your mansion, Bruce."

     "There's a diner down the road: Tiffany's. We can go there," he said ignoring you. They both turned and began walking away. You threw your hands up. "Or a public diner would work for our private conversation."

...

     You sucked on the straw that let the chocolate milkshake flow into your mouth. Bruce had coffee while Cat had a bagel. "So, whaddya wanna know?" You asked.

     "Why'd you try to kill me?" Bruce asked. You smirked. "It was an order, from our boss," you confessed. "Who was our boss?" Bruce asked. "The guy that told me to kill you."

     Bruce slammed his fist on the table, causing everyone in the diner to look at you guys. You saw some people stare at you in fear. "Name," he ordered. You crossed your arms and sat back. "Theo Galavan."

     "Galavan wanted you to kill me that night?" He asked. You rolled your eyes. "Why do you keep asking about that horrible, horrible night?" You asked. "Because you tried to kill me!" He exclaimed. "But who ended up dead!?" You shouted.

     You knew people were definitely staring at you, but you didn't care. This boy was about to learn a lesson. "Sure, you almost died, but guess what!? You didn't! Jerome died! I'm so sick and tired of you always making everything about yourself! Every problem in this city, you make yourself apart of it!"

You pointed a finger at him. "Next time you want to talk about Jerome or I, I'll find you, and I'll kill. I'll do what Jerome never got the chance to do."