Feathers

"Hi. Hi," you heard Oswald greet Ed again. "Hi," Ed replied. "Sorry to intrude," Oswald apologized. "I'm a bit of a mess. I was just passing by and-and.... May I- Can I come in for a moment?" He asked. He was jumbling over his words just like the last time you saw him. "These feathers aren't as warm as they look."

Feathers?

     "Of course! Where are my manners? It's-It's so good to see you!" Ed exclaimed, stepping aside. You watched Oswald waddle in, smiling as big as ever. You also took note of the feathers covering his body. Ed motioned to you. "You know Y/N." Oswald looked to you and seemed to light up even more. "Yes! Oh, I missed you!" You smiled to him. "Hiya, Oz. I missed you, too. Did Arkham do ya good while I was gone?" You asked. He nodded. "Amazing."

Oswald turned back to Ed. "So, how have you been, old friend? Well, I hope." Ed smiled. "Yeah, well! I have been. Been busy. I've been really busy. And what about you? I hear that you've been released." You furrowed your eyebrows. Why didn't he tell you? "What...What just...What happened?" Ed asked.

Oswald looked down at himself. "Oh, oh! Well, just good ole' Butch and Tabitha having fun," he chuckled. You walked over to them. "Tabby?" You and Tabitha were close when you were at Theo's; she even warned you about Theo trying to harm you and Jerome, but she was now harming your friends. Things can change.

He nodded. "They talked about killing me, so, this was actually pretty nice of them, considering," he informed you both. "Pretty nice of them? They did a pretty good job on you in Arkham, huh?" Ed asked. You crossed your arms like Edward was. "Really good," you thought aloud.

"I'm here to tell you, Ed, and you, too, Y/N, as a friend, violence and anger are not the answer. I am a changed man. Better, and you both can change, too," he tried to convince you. You stared at him incredulously. "Cool," Ed said.

They both smiled at each other. "Tempting offer." Ed cleared his throat. "The thing is, the me I am right now, is kind of hitting my stride." Oswald stared at him. "Oh."

"And I'm really grateful for all that you've taught me, and that bad stuff you told me about Jim Gordon is really paying off," he revealed. Ed began laughing. "Is it?" Oswald asked. You opened your mouth. "It is," Ed informed. "It's helped me to create the perfect puzzle to get rid of my Jim Gordon dilemma."

You put a hand up. "Wait," you stopped them. "What exactly did you tell him, Penguin?" He looked to you innocently. "Oh! Um, everything, really." You stared at him in shock. "My god."

"Normally," Ed started. "I would love to share, but, to be honest, the new you is kind of freaking me out." You put your hands on your hips. Oswald's smile left his face. You turned to Ed and glared. "Ignore him, Penguin. He's just really stressed right now. He didn't mean it," you said, putting an arm around his shoulders and leading him to the door. "We have a lot to do, but I'll make sure to visit you soon. Promise!"

Oswald nodded. "I can't wait." Edward joined you both. "I'm just really busy right now," he said, opening the door for Oswald. "Well, I'll be on my way," Oswald said. He waddled out and out his feather covered hat on. He turned back to you when he was in the hall. "Thanks for coming by," Ed said. "Yeah, Oz! I'll visit soon," you promised. Oswald smiled and nodded at you two as Edward closed the door.

Once the door was closed, you turned to him and smacked his arm. "Ow! What was that for?" He asked, holding his arm. "Are you nuts!" You scolded. "You don't think he's gonna be like that forever, do you? He was trying to be nice, but you were rude! He could kill you, or hell, even me now just for being here! I can't die! Not yet!"

He rolled his eyes. "Oh, calm down. Why are you so uptight right now? Haven't killed anyone in awhile?" He joked. You straightened up. "Matter of fact, no, I haven't." He studied you. "Well, if it'll make you happier, knock yourself out."