Chapter 5: Compromise

Violets POV

It's been a week and we finally bought the house and moved in. We are finding a reverend to marry us and I've never been this happy. "I love you so much Tate." I say to Tate. "I'll always love you more!" Tate answers back. God, he's so perfect! "So, what flowers should we use for the ceremony?" I ask Tate. "Well, I would say violets but that's really cheesy huh?" Tate says while laughing. "Yeah, I guess it kind of is! What about roses? Black roses like the one you gave me on halloween."

"Absolutely! That's perfect Vi!"

Tate's POV

She is so beautiful. I can't wait to be able to call her Mrs. Langdon and have a non monster child.

"Here they are!" Vivien exclaims as she walks in the room holding a CVS Pharmacy bag. Yes! We finally got the pregnancy tests Violet has been needing. "Okay, Violet take these. I'll leave you two to share the moment and you can tell us when you're ready!" "Okay, thanks again Vivien!"

"I'll be right back!" Violet said before smooching me and hurrying to the bathroom. I'm so anxious. I keep thinking and coming up with baby names when Violet walks out in tears. "WE DID IT! IM PREGNANT!" I ran up to her and pulled her into a tight hug before kissing her. I'm so so so lucky! I'm going to be a dad!

Violets POV

I can't believe it! Tate and I are going to be parents! I feel so excited right now! This baby is going to have such a better life than Tate or myself. It's going to have two, loving, inseparable parents and two loving grandparents. "I love you so much babe!" "I love you too Vi!"

"Let's go tell your parents!" Tate says while taking my hand and opening the door. "Lets!"

We walk down the stairs together, hand in hand and see my parents, Chad, Patrick, Nora and the other ghosts seated at the kitchen table. We walk up and both shout "We're having a baby!" in sync. Everyone screams and my mom starts crying and hugs me. "I'm so happy for y'all!" My parents both say.

Tate's POV

I'm glad everyone's so happy because I don't think Violet could take their disapproval. The only thing I'm worried about is Constance. Now that we all left the Murder House she hasn't been able to stalk and bother me since she doesn't know where I am. I pull Violet to the side while everyone talks about the wedding and the shower and such.

"Vi I was thinking and I think we should tell Constance that we're having a baby but don't let her know where we are or give any information just let her know and tell her that we want nothing to do with her and that were happy and free." I spit out.

"I agree with you 100%." Violet says.

"Great! Now I think we should stop by tomorrow and break the news." I suggest.

"Tomorrow would be perfect." Violet agrees.

The next day...

Violets POV

We drive to Constance's house and knock on the door. "Hel..." Constance sputters before realizing who it is. "Hello Constance." I say before letting Tate take over.

Tate's POV

"Constance, don't take this as me forgiving you. Violet and I just wanted to let you know that she's expecting and tha..." I can only say two sentences before she starts blabbing about Violet being pregnant. "That's wonderful! You two can stay with me and raise the child!" She says. "No. Violet and I are staying with her parents and getting married. We want nothing to do with you and are not going to keep touch with you. I'm sorry but its for the best." I say with confidence and relief.

Constance starts crying. Ugh. "Can I at least attend the wedding ceremony?" She pleads. "Yes, you can, but if you start any drama or try to pull any bullshit we are making you leave and never speaking to you again." Violet says proudly. I put my arm around her. "Understand?" I ask Constance. She nods and then Violet says "We'll be on our way now. The wedding is July 14th at 2:00pm. See you then." And with that we leave.

"Wow Vi. You're amazing, beautiful and great at pleasing people. You're going to be a great wife and mother Mrs. Langdon!" I laugh and then kiss her on the cheek and we get in the car and drive home.