New Kid...Just My Type

"Nikki," I heard a familiar voice say. Nathan.
I rubbed my eyes and yawned, then stood up.
"Hey Nathan," I said groggily.
"Hey, kid," He responded with a faint smile on his face. "Go ahead and get to class. Don't wanna be late," He continued trying to keep a smile on his face, although he knew all the pain I was in. I nodded and rushed off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright class, we have a new student. Everybody, this is Gerard." Mrs. Kimber said as a boy stood beside her. He had scruffy jet black hair, not too long, but not too short. He was wearing an Iron Maiden tee, some black ripped skinnies and a pair of Converse. He had good taste in music, I can tell you that. He pulled a small smile at the class, which I could tell was fake. I wonder what he's dealing with... Depression, maybe? He looked like a sad person, but I wasn't judging... I'm not really a happy person, either.

"Now Gerard, why don't you tell us how old you are and something you like to do in your free time," Mrs. Kimber continued.

"Uh, I'm Gerard, I'm fifteen and I like to draw..." He said as he looked at the tips of his Converse.
Cool, an artistic kid.

"Thank you Gerard. Now I would like everyone to treat him with respect. Gerard, you can take that empty seat by Nikki over there," She said as she pointed to the seat beside me. Gerard shuffled over to the desk and sat down, pulling out his books. He seemed very shy.

"Hey, I'm Nikki," I whispered to him. He looked up, surprised at my introduction.
"I know," He said with a slight smile.
~Duh, he already knows! God Nikki, why are you so stupid sometimes?~
Shut up, brain.

"So, you um, like to draw?" I asked him. He nodded.
"I do too... Can I look at them? Your drawings, I mean," I slightly smiled and he returned the grin.
"Sure,"
He handed me his sketch pad, and I handed him mine. We secretly looked at each others drawings, my eyes widening at the sketches of superheroes and gory paintings... They were all beautiful. My drawings mainly consisted of gory paintings as well. I'm guessing he was into horror films.
"These are great!" I whispered, just a little too loudly.

"Nikki, come here." Mrs. Kimber said with a stern voice.
Dammit.
I walked over to her desk and she started whispering to me very softly so know one could here.
"Nikki, I understand wanting to get to know the new kid. It seems like you guys could become very good friends, because he does seem to be kind of, well, 'your type' as you kids call it. But please, don't distract the class. I don't mind if you whisper or pass notes because you have very good grades, and as far as I know of, he had wonderful grades as well. Just this once, though, Nikki. I mean it." I smiled and whispered a quick "Thank You" and went back to my desk. Gerard passed me a note.
- Everything ok? - Gerard
-Yeah, it's cool. Mrs. Kimber is probably my favorite teacher, besides Mrs. Burns, the art teacher. They're both pretty much the only nice teachers in the school:p - Me

I handed it back to him. He skimmed over it and started writing.
- Do you think maybe we can hang out after school? I have some friends and we always hang out. You're a pretty cool kid XD - Gerard
He passed me back the note and I read it in my head, and suddenly something popped into my head
~Do you think he likes you?~
Shut up, brain, no he doesn't like me. Probably just as a friend.
~ But he's so cute!!~
Oh my god. Did I just admit to myself he's.. Cute?
I mean, he does have gorgeous hazel eyes, and hot jet black hair, and...
STOP IT NIKKI!! HE DOES NOT LIKE YOU! JUST FRIENDS!

A/N_____________________

OH MY GOD IN THIS CHAPTER I REALIZED HOW TO MAKE DIFFERENT FONTS!!
(Hey, I'm new at writing.... DON'T BE A HATER) Jk Jk... Hope you guys loooove my FIRST EVER FANFICTION AND I HOPE IT DOESN'T SUCK!

KEEP RUNNING AND NEVER LET THEM TAKE YOU ALIVE!!

Love ya!!
- Madison