Gut Feeling

*a few days later*

"Hey Gerard I gotta run to Alicia's house to grab my clothes I left over there the other day," I called to him. I heard a muffled "Okay" and I headed out the door and into the car, driving off.

I spent the night at Alicia's house the other day for some girl time, and I left my pajamas and hair dryer over there, so I had to get them. I couldn't live without my hair dryer, it was the only thing that kept my hair looking decent. I drove up her drive way and parked the car, getting out and walking up the porch steps. Alicia wasn't home, but she texted me where the spare key was. I looked in the potted plant outside her door and found the key, taking it and unlocking the door. I ran in, grabbed my stuff, and ran out, not wanting to take too long. I planned on spending time at the mall with Gerard, so I wanted to hurry.
I got back in the car and headed back home.

.........................

"Gerard?" I called as I walked in the door.
No answer.
A slip of paper on the counter caught my eye, and I walked over and grabbed it, seeing it was a note from Gerard.

Nikki,
I ran to the store to grab some food. I'm fine, and I'll be home in a little while.
- Gee

I had a weird feeling in my gut. Like, the bad kind of weird. A little voice inside my head told me I should probably go to the store, so that's where I went.