Dealing With The News

"Wh-Wh-what do you mean? The baby has to have survived, I mean, it couldn't of..." I started breaking down in tears, Gerard's arms around me.
"I'm sorry, Miss James. There were no major injuries to you, only a small head injury, which will clear up in a couple days. You're free to leave," She spoke.
I nodded, tears still running down my face. I even saw Gerard crying a little bit.
I stood up, holding Gerard's hand, and Frank standing beside me as we exited the hospital.

.........................................

"Nikki, it's okay, honey. We're only eighteen, we have years and years ahead of us to have a baby," Gerard soothed. He was right, we did have a long time.
"I know, it's just, it's just really sad. Just because the baby wasn't born doesn't mean it wasn't human. It's like if a family member died. It's still sad no matter what the reason," I told him, my sobs turning into a few tears.
"Here, let's just have a movie night and we can forget about everything, okay sugar?"
I nodded, laying back in our bed as he got up and went downstairs, coming back with a bowl of popcorn. Suddenly his phone rang.
"Hey man, what's up?" Gerard spoke. I heard a faint voice on the other end and could tell it was Frank. I couldn't quite make out what he was saying, though.
"I'm sorry, man. Hey we're having a movie night, wanna join?" Gerard asked. "Okay. Okay, bye,"
"What's up?" I asked.
"Frank and Jamia broke up. Apparently they've been getting in fights a lot, so it just wasn't working out. He's gonna join our party, okay babe?"
I smiled a bit. I loved hanging out with our whole group, and I loved hanging out with just Gerard. But Gerard, Frank, and I, that was always really fun. I hopped out of bed, and we went downstairs to watch the movie in the living room, since Frank was coming over, too. We popped in the DVD, and as if on cue, Frank knocked on the door.
"Come in," I yelled, too lazy to get up. He opened the door and walked in, sitting down on the opposite side Gerard was on. We were gonna watch a new movie called 'Oculus'. It looked pretty scary, to be honest. But I knew that whatever happened, cheesy as this may sound, that Gerard and Frank would always protect me.