Don't You Dare Leave Me

Death.

That's all I could think about, is Gerard dying. I couldn't live if he died. I couldn't. For the past few days I had been locked up in our room. I hadn't done anything. I hadn't moved. Mikey wwas worried about me, and he would always bring me something to eat every day. He knows how I used to self harm, so he had been very watchful of me. He would check on me at least five times everyday, but in reality i wouldn't cut myself. I couldn't. I was numb. I couldn't feel anything.

"Nikki, get up. Now. We're going to the hospital." Mikey said firmly. I flinched, not hearing him come in. I didn't ackknowledge him, I just kept staring out my window at the trees outside my room.

Suddenly I was lifted up, but I didn't resist. Mikey carried me out of the house and set me down his car, getting in on the other side and sticking the key into the ignition. We then drove off.

..........

When we got to the hospital, it took everything I had to get out of the car. We walked inside the hospital, and Mikey asked the lady for the room number. I followed him, and when we got to Gerard's room we walked in, but Mikey stayed in the hall.

"I'll give you a few minutes." He said quietly. I slowly made my way to the hospital bed that Gerard was in, and when I got to his side, I broke down in tears.

"Don't you dare leave me, Gerard. Don't you dare," I sobbed. I repeated that for a few minutes before I felt Mikey wrap his arms around me. I could tell he was crying, too.

I stepped into the hall to give Mikey some time with his brother, and was sobbing the whole time I was out there. Mikey suddenly appeared in the door way.

"Come here," He told me, as he lead me back into the room.

I froze. There laid Gerard, eyes swollen, yet opened. I screamed, maybe a little too loud because Mikey flinched, and flew to the hospital bed. Tears were spilling over my eyes, but this time they weren't from sadness.

"Gerard! Gerard, baby are you okay? Oh my god, Gerard. Holy fuck," I babbled. He grabbed my hand with his left un-broken arm.

"Nikki, honey calm down," He rasped. I smiled at his voice and peppered his face with kisses.

"Do you want anything? Are you in pain? Just ask anything and I'll do it"

"Nikki. Baby, I'm okay. A few broken bones, a headache, that's all it is."

I hugged him lightly, not wanting to hurt him. If it weren't for the injuries, I would hug him so tight it would probably cut off his circulation.

I don't care what else happens for the rest of my life... This is truely the happiest I'll ever be.