+ 2 +

I'm Millie Bobby Brown.

I woke up to a blinding light. This wasn't my bedroom. From the smell of roses and maple syrup I knew I was with Chloe. Chloe was sleeping on the floor softly snoring. I smiled but then the events of yesterday played through my head like the memories my mom may never see. I frowned and let out a soft sigh as I peeled the sheets off of me.

"Good morning." She greeted as her eyes fluttered open. I gave her a weak smile and walked over to the clothes Chloe and I laid out yesterday.

"I'm going to take a shower." I mumbled loudly enough for her to hear me. I grabbed the clothes and walked out not waiting to hear her response. Was that rude? I ran my hand through my brown hair, it felt... chalky if that made since.

I turned the knob off the shower the water poured out and I sighed. I feel depressed. I don't want to be depressed. I slipped out of Chloe's pajamas and stood under the steaming water.

I wonder if my mom would wake up today...

The water dripped down my face and I just stood there thinking about worst case scenarios. I started to cry, my salty tears mixing with the shower. Could my life be any worse at this moment?

My dad's gone, my mom's gone, well not gone... but you know what I mean. Anyone I ever had is gone, except Chloe. But in the list of my worst case scenarios she will be gone, too.

What if I have to go to an orphanage? Would they put me in one at my age? I am seventeen. All of my family is in England except for one of my cousins.

My warm hands covered my red eyes and I just continued to sob until nothing came out. . .

---

"You okay?" Chloe questioned as I ate my eggs. I shook my head and looked down at the glass plate. I wonder if Mr. Modine will call? "I don't know how you feel, I can only imagine and... You know I am always here for you, right?" I looked up at her pitiful eyes. I nodded glumly. "Say something! You haven't mumbled a word since you got out of the shower." She told me.

Chloe can be an ass sometimes. But she is all I have. "I'll be okay." I mumbled. She sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Ok, I trust you," she paused obviously contemplating on saying whatever she wanted to say.

"Say it." I urged her. She looked into my eyes.

"Um, well I was going to have a date with Jaeden today..." I froze. What? She obviously didn't know how it felt to be in my situation. If she did she would know how utterly alone I feel right now and she wouldn't leave my side.

"Oh." I said, surprised. "Yeah, yeah you should go to that. Um, do you think you can give me a ride home?" I asked politely.

Her face lightened up. "Oh sure, no problem." She laughed.

Nope! I stand corrected.

I had no one.

---

"Thanks for the ride." I mumbled towards Chloe as I pulled my purse over my shoulder. She pursed her lips and looked up at me sadly.