+ 10 +

Contagious Laughing...

** Warning lots of fluff!

Millie's POV:

Sunday (the next day)

"Are you sure you are fine?" Aunt Winona questioned yet again. I engulfed her in a gentle hug.

"I will be fine, go have fun!" I repeated with a genuine smile. I release Aunt Winona and hugged Sadie.

"I trust you, Millie. No partying!" David warned me.

"Especially not without me!" Sadie added with a goofy smile. I mimicked her smile and watched as they walked out. I had the whole house to myself, aside from Chester and El. I waved goodbye to Sadie as she disappeared behind the car doors.

The family had planned to go to this ballroom thingy before the accident happened and there were no more seats available. I was fine with it, though. I didn't want to dress up and act proper.

What should I do? I could take Sadie's jeep to Wilson to see if my mom was there. She most likely wasn't. It's a six hour drive from here to Wisconsin, I could go see my sister. I didn't have the energy to do that. Grace had been feeling bad since the party and Maddie was busy doing something with Gaten. I could hang out with Noah... Na, I don't feel like doing anything. Maybe I'll binge Stranger Stuff.

I walked back up to my room and pinned my hair into a messy bun. I wore a baggy navy blue sweatshirt with grey joggers. I sat in my bed watching Stranger Stuff until 1:30 when I heard Chester clawing at the back door. I sighed slipping out of my warm sheets. I hummed the song "Every Breath You Take" while jogging down the stairs. I picked up the yellow warn out leash and latched it to Chester's collar.

"Come on, Chester." I encouraged as we walked on the wooden deck in the back yard. He turned to me with happy eyes. "What?" I asked with a lazy smile. He barked at me which caused me to flinch, "What is it, boy?" He barked again. He turned around again and barked at the air around him. Well this was a waste of time, he obviously doesn't need to use the bathroom. "I don't get you sometimes." I mumbled as I pulled on his leash. He refused to move. "Oh come on, Chester." I sighed. "I have two episodes left of Season 2." There he goes again with his aggressive bark. I pulled harder on his leash but he didn't budge. "Dang, dog come on!" I continued to pull but he just sat there like a brick wall barking at pure nothingness. I rested my hand on my hip mumbling words under my breath. All of the sudden Chester whips around and dashes for the front yard. "Wha-" He pulled me into the wet soil and I coughed. "Damnit!" I cussed.

I got up spitting the ground out of my mouth. My clothes were bathed in mud and soil and I groaned. And it wasn't until I realized I wasn't holding a yellow warn down rope that I started to panic. My eyes widened and I picked up speed to the front yard. "Chester!" I yelled while cupping my hands over my mouth. "Chester!" I repeated. I ran onto the cold road looking to my right then left. An off white blob was a good distance down the road. "Chester! Come here boy!" I screamed. The blob got smaller and I ran after him repeating his name over and over again. I was getting closer but my breathing was uneven. I should really start working out more. "Come here boy." He just turned a corner and I sighed looking over my shoulder at Sadie's jeep. Should I go get it?

I decided not to. I'd have to run back get the keys and find Chester. I was already on a solid path. When I turned the corner Chester was gone, he vanished. I was on a road with a couple of houses and a dead end. Where could he have gone. I decided to walk as I looked in between houses for him. "Chester!" I screamed. I heard a bark and I turned looking into a white beaten up house. There Chester was, eyes gleaming and sitting down. His leash was held by none the other Finn Wolfhard.