+ 20 +

The Picture
Millie's POV:

Finn and I stood outside my door. We had hung out all day and he needed to go back home.

"Finn please let me pay for at least one date. You are living on your own I deserve to treat you." I suggested but he shook his head stubbornly. We had been having this argument for a while.

"I'm supposed to treat you." He fought back.

"Finn please!" I begged him with puppy dog eyes. He smiled at me and leaned down real quick to peck my lips.

I pouted and shook my head. "Oh come on Millie, don't give me the silent treatment." He implored. I turned away with a solid expression.  "Okay, fine. I will let you pay for the next date we go on."

I turned back around and smiled. "Ok!" I agreed.

He smiled down at me and I stared back up into his chocolate brown eyes longingly. He was so beautiful...

"You are really beautiful, Finn." I told him making him burst into a laughing fit. His laugh was so cute making me start to laugh.

"Thank you, Millie." He thanked me with a laughing smile.

He leaned down and kissed me. I stood on my tippy toes and wrapped my arms around his neck deepening the kiss. He put his hands on my waist and I started to smile in the kiss making him smile.

He leaned back but I wasn't finished so I leaned back in and pulled him down more. We continued to kiss until we felt a presence and I turned to see David standing at the door with a stern look.

I screamed and flinched away from Finn.

"You can go home now, Finn." He told him with an annoyed expression. I looked back at Finn and he gulped. He nodded as he walked away. He turned back around and yelled:

"Bye Millie, see you tomorrow!" He shouted.

"Bye!" I yelled back helplessly. I turned back to David, he was now looking at me with a pleased smile.

"You are horrible, David!" I yelled hitting his shoulder lightly. He laughed and shook his head.

"What? I like playing with the kid." He laughed making me shake my head and walk past him back up to my room.

—-

Today was Sunday. I sat on the curb waiting patiently. Sadie sat beside me humming to a song from her earbuds. I frowned and plucked one of her earbuds out and held it up to my ear listening to the song.

Surprise surprise, it was an eighties song.

We heard tires sliding against the pavement. "Get in losers!" Gaten screamed at us. We both got up and hopped in the car.

This time we had two cars. In Gatens car, not his moms van, was Sadie, Gaten, Caleb , and I.

Caleb was in the front seat. Sadie and I were in the back seat.

I looked behind us and Maddie's ford explorer was cruising behind us. In her car was Finn, Noah, Grace, and herself.

Usually we would have got us all in Gaten's moms van but she needed it.