+ 29 +

Those Eyes

Millie's POV:

I woke up and my mom wasn't in her hospital bed. She must be in the bathroom. I yawned and stretched until Mr. Modine came bursting into the room.

"Millie Brown!" He exclaimed and my eyebrows furrowed. I stood up and walked up to him worriedly. He was sweating.

"I'm so sorry. Your mother has passed away." He told me and my mouth dropped. Tears instantly streamed down my cheeks.

"No No!" I yelled as I dropped on my knees crying and crying. I felt two arms wrap around me and I looked up and saw Finn.

"Finn?" I asked and he smiled at me.

"Hey Millie." He said and I started to cry some more. He suddenly let go and started to walk away. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Wait where are you going?" I asked as I yelled after him. He walked out of the hospital room. And I couldn't help but follow him. I came outside of the room and suddenly I wasn't in a hospital but I was at school.

Finn was in the hallways his arm wrapped around some random blonde. "I don't like you anymore Millie." He said and I started to cry again. He then intently made out with the random girl. My eyes widened and I turned around. It didn't help though because I turned around and I was in a funeral home now. I was looking down at my dead mom in a casket. My eyes widened and tears spilt from my eyes.

I clenched eyes closed and started screaming.

"Millie Millie!" I ignored the voices as the pictures of Finn and another girl making out and my dead mom in a casket kept replaying in my head.

"MILLIE!" I heard the reassuring voice I missed yell. My eyes flew open and I was back in the hospital room. My mom was standing in front of me shaking my shoulders.

It was only a dream.

I breathed in and out and I realized I had actually been crying. My mom looked at me with a concerned expression.

"Millie, darling are you alright?" My mom asked and I nodded. I pulled her into a hug and and squeezed my eyes shut. It was only a dream, it was only a dream...

"I'm fine." I mumbled.

"You were screaming and I- I wasn't-" My mom started rambling and I pulled back and placed a hand over her mouth.

"It's fine mom. It was only a dream, I am ok." She nodded and smiled at me as I  took my hand away.

"I'm sorry I was just worried." She said and I smiled.

"What time is it?" I asked and she looked at the clock on the wall.

"It looks like it is twelve thirty." My eyes widened and I sighed.

"Want to get some food?" I asked and she nodded grabbing my hand. We walked out of the hospital room and to the hospital cafeteria. It was only a dream. My mom is ok.

—-

I was looking at my phone. Scrolling through Instagram. I saw Sadie had posted a picture of her and Caleb reuniting. It was cute, they were cute.