+ 15 +

Envy

That night...

I sighed, laying awake in my bed. It was 1:47 in the mourning, Sadie was asleep. I couldn't go to bed I had a mixture of awkwardness and happiness from my previous actions with Finn. I couldn't stop replaying the event.

Why did I do that?! It will be so awkward now, and I hate that. I don't know what came over me, I don't even like him like that.

I don't think he does either. The kiss we shared was short, he had no reaction.

Sometimes... most of the times... I hate myself.

(Monday)

We were in Ms. Dyers class. Luckily we had moved seats Friday so I didn't have to talk to Finn. I didn't want to, it would be awkward. I couldnt help but steal occasional glances at him. He didn't look at me once.

But Levi did.

I tried ignoring him, I did. But when he said what he said I couldn't help but respond in a very snarky way. He said, "You looked beautiful today."

Of course I rolled my eyes. I shook my head before turning to him. "Fuck off, Levi. Yuh ditched me Friday. You left me with Jacob. Jacob!" I whispered yelled. He smiled shyly.

"Yeah, I know I know. I just thought it was a good match." He said running his hand through his styled hair. I silently admired him and mentally scorned myself for admiring him.

"Oh yeah because you are the wonderful matchmaker!" I said with complete sarcasm. I crossed my arms over my chest prepared for a full on argument.

"Matchmakers can make mistakes!" He exclaimed defensively. I scoffed purposely not making eye contact. "Anyway, now I see my mistake."

I raised my eyebrows in amusement. "Oh you do, and what was this mistake the wonderful matchmaker made?" I asked with a playful smirk.

"I aspired you with the wrong person. You really should be paired with me." He said slyly. My eyes widened and my smart smirk slipped away.

I laughed. "I don't even know you..."

"Get to know me, free period!" He suggested with a smile. I continued to laugh as I shook my head no.

"Promise you won't ditch me this time, or pair me up?" I asked surprising myself by the sudden agreement.

"Promise." Levi assured me, making me smile.

—-

It was lunchtime again. Finn actually sat at the table, his bruised face mostly faded and considered to most a paint mark from art class.

He continued to refuse to make eye contact. Honestly it made me kind of sad. I was really becoming friends with him. WHY DO I HAVE TO BE SO STUPID!!?!!

Noah smiled at me, chewing his food. "So Millie, you seeing Levi again today?" He asked with a smirk.

I noticed Finn's blank face turn to me. I looked over at him and he was looking at me. "Um-I..." I stuttered, not because of the question but because Finn was actually making eye contact. I looked between Noah and Finn. I felt like this would be the last's time Finn would ever look at me.