+ 13 +

Truth

"... and that is why I don't like Jacob or Romeo." Finn finished as his sneakers scraped against the pavement.

"You don't think it was one of them who made me cry?" I asked looking over at Finn who was staring at the ground.

"I sure hope not. Who knows what they'd do if they got their hands on you." I shivered in slight fear. It could've been one of them. I am new, and Jacob was dancing on me. I continued to study Finn. Maybe it was Finn. It seems like he likes me, and he is known to be a player. But no, that's not possible, Finn is sweet... I think.

"Finn." I say stopping in my path to look at him. He stops with me to look in my eyes. "D-did your dad do that to you." I ask, that being the bruise on his face.

He looked down tucking his hands in his pockets. "N-no." I continued to look up at him imploringly. He wasn't going to give in, I knew that. What could I do, seeking answers I wouldn't get?

"I-" I faltered not knowing what to say. I sighed and just continued to walk. Finn walked behind me eventually catching up.

"It's nothing really, Millie." He shrugged as he bumped my shoulder.

"Ok."

—-

"I was defending Millie, mom. How much more do you want?! You have already taken any privileges I ever had!" I heard Sadie scream making me cringe. I slowly closed the door looking over at the twins in the living room.

"Don't you raise your voice at me, missy! Keep it up and there will be no privileges!" Winona shouted back. I sat beside the twins smiling at them as they played barbies.

"Like I said, you already have took them all away, what're you going to do?!"

"Take away your phone for a month how about that?" Winona answered with what I could hear to be a victorious smirk. I could practically see Sadie gawking.

"No, mom. You can't do that!" Sadie told her but in more of a begging manor.

"I just did. Now leave me be, Sadie!" I heard stomping and then a door slam. Poor Sadie, this is really sad. I ran upstairs after Sadie. I knocked on the door.

"WHAT?!" Sadie screamed which made me flinch.

"It's me, Millie. Can I come in?" I asked softly.

"Yeah come in." She sighed. I opened the door where Sadie sat on her bed, her face as red as her hair.

"You ok?" I asked genuinely. Sadie nodded to infuriated to speak. "I'm sorry this is all my fault." Sadie got up and hugged me tightly.

"Millie, I am so glad you are living here. I would give away my phone for years if I knew you would stay here. Not only are you my cousin, but you are my best friend. I was defending you, and honestly I don't regret it. But in return you must keep up my streaks." I laughed at her last comment.

"Sure." I chuckled. (I love Sillie moments, sorry!)

Sadie separated from me pulling me to sit on her bed with her. "What's the matter?" She asked with furrowed eyebrows. I looked at her confusingly. Did I look sad?