+ 28 +

Reunion

Millie's POV:

My eyes slowly opened and I felt a pang in my lower back. I slowly, carefully got up from my position that was bending over and resting my head on the side of my moms bed.

"Good morning sleepy head." My mom laughed patting my head. I smiled and stretched as I yawned. I guess I fell asleep here last night.

It had been a long week. It had been several days since my mom regained her memory and I found out about Finn's incident. I wanted to comfort him but family was more important. And I realized this past week just how much I missed my mom. I thought she would be gone forever.

I had told her about Finn and everything she had missed. She didn't like Finn very much. She thought I deserved better, she didn't know him like I did.

"Millie!" I heard Sadie sing my name. Literally sing, she has a pretty voice.

"Sadie!" I sang back smiling uncontrollably. I love my cousin. SILLIE!

"I have news." Sadie said walking in and sitting in the chair beside me. "But first, how are you feeling Kelly?" She asked and my mom smiled at her.

"I am doing great Sadie, thank you for asking." My mom gently thanked with a nod of her head.

"Ok so Caleb told me they were packing up today and will probably be back by dinner time." Sadie told me and I frowned.

"They? Who is they?" I asked hoping his name would be the first to come out of her mouth.

"I'm not sure." Sadie sighed looking down and tucking her red hair behind her ear. "Sorry I just thought you should know."

"It's fine. Thank you for telling me." I thanked her and she nodded looking around hesitantly.

"I think I am going back to Hawkins today." She said slowly, giving me time to process what she was saying. She was leaving...

"Oh." I said. I wasn't exactly sure what to say. I was surprised.

"Oh?" She questioned and I looked into her eyes sadly.

"I will miss you." I said and she sighed taking my hand.

"It's not forever, Millie. Once your mom is out of the hospital you guys will go back to Hawkins simple as that." Sadie shrugged trying to make it sound easy. I frowned and looked back at my mom who was reading a book silently in her hospital bed.

"Yeah... I guess it just won't be the same without you here comforting me. We will probably be coming back soon." I said and she nodded smiling at me.

"Love you Millie." She whispered and I whispered it back before we hugged each other. I know this wasn't goodbye, I would see her just as my mom gets out of the hospital. But Sadie and I had grown so close over the year. It would be so different not having her around.

Sadie pulled back from the hug and we entered the hospital room. Sadie told my mom the news and my mom understood. Sadie wanted to see her boyfriend, I could kind of relate.