Chapter 2, Why Her?

-Jack-

After Lily rejected shaking my hand, I slumped back in my chair. I'd already had a rough day... if she didn't want to be nice? That was fine with me I guess, she wouldn't be the first person. My jaw dropped as I realized I'd be paired up with her. I quickly recovered myself with a small smile, but I was definitely not looking forward to this. Turns out, we wouldn't be given any time to work on it in class and had to do it all home. No... did this mean I'd have to go to her house? Or would she have to come to mine, did it? Ugh...

"Each group will choose a time period and construct a 3D model of what their houses might have looked like, bring in samples of food they ate, and create a play about their daily life," she explained while smiling at us. Let me just say... no one else was smiling. All I could think was... why her? Why her? I know I didn't know her very well yet, but our first conversation certainly didn't go very well. Lily looked at me and held out her cell phone. 

"Here, type in your contact information so we can figure out when to meet," she said.

"Oh... right," I replied, taking her phone and handing her mine so she could type hers in as well. 

"Well, cya around," she said as she picked up her things, waiting for the bell to ring.

"Cya."