Chapter 4, Knock Knock

-Lily-

Grayson got glasses? I walk into math class and sit next to him. He actually looks even cuter in glasses. He looks... smarter, I guess that's what everyone says when they get glasses. 

"I like your glasses," I compliment him. (But of course, what I really meant was... you look super hot in glasses!)

He looks down like he's embarrassed. "Err... thanks," he smiles.

The teacher calls our attention as the bell rings for class to start.

"Good morning everyone, as most of you know..." he begins to blabber on about homework and other class rules and how we'll need to make up any work you miss.

"So, to erase all issues about not being here, I want you to exchange phone numbers with the person next to you, oh and if you don't have a phone make sure you find some other way of contact."

My eyes light up. This is the day I've been waiting for! Finally, I have an excuse to get Grayson's phone number without it being awkward. 

"Here you go," Grayson hands me his number on a sheet of lined paper.

"Oh, thanks," I try and hide my enthusiasm as I give him mine. Wow, other girls my age are already dating and I'm just getting excited about getting a phone number from someone. I turn my attention back to Mr. Anderson and copy down a few notes about his grading pie-chart. It annoys me how each teacher has a completely different way of grading. 

The rest of the day went by rather quickly, for a school day at least. I let my mom that I'm going over to a friend's house to work on some school stuff and walk over to his house. Not that I would consider Jack my friend, but he certainly wasn't my enemy. 

I knock on his front door, hoping he'd answer instead of his parents. The door opens with a small creak and I gasp. 

-Jack-

"Mommy! Jacky has a girlfriend!!!" I hear my little brother yell.

Crap. My brother must have answered the door. I have to get to the door before my mother does...

"Jack! Why didn't you tell me you had a pretty girlfriend?" I hear my mother say.

Shoot. She got there first.

I run up to the door as fast as I can. "Mom... sorry I forgot to tell you, this is just my friend from school here to work on a group project..." I panted. 

Lily was standing there like a statue, showing no emotion. Well, I guess she got a great first impression of my embarrassing family.

"Oh... I'm sorry dear, why don't you come in?" my mother says, blushing a little.

I grab Lily's arm and drag her upstairs to my room. "C'mon, let's go," I grunt. She looks around my room when we enter, I wish I could know what she was thinking. Maybe I should've taken down my Star Wars poster...

"You like Star Wars?" she asks in surprise. Gosh... was she reading my mind? I hope not...

"Err... yeah," I say running my hand through my hair. Was Star Wars more a kindergarten thing now? Hopefully she didn't think so.

"I- I love Star Wars!" she smiled at me.

"Oh... really?" 

"Yeah, I wouldn't expect someone like you to like something so nerdy..."

"Someone like me?" What was that supposed to mean?

"Well... you know..." I could tell she was regretting her choice of words.

"You're just always so sporty, I didn't think you'd like anything nerdy," she said. 

"You shouldn't judge a book by its cover," I mumble, feeling a bit annoyed. 

"I'm sorry but... I think it's cool, that you're like... jocky and nerdy," she compliments. Ooh, she thought I was cool? Maybe this girl wasn't as bad as I thought... My gaze traveled to her face and landed on her beautiful dark blue eyes. Now that I looked closer... she was actually very pretty.

"So, what time period do you want to do?" she asks, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

"We could do a Native American type thing... it would be easy, and we could build a tipi without much difficulty," I say. 

She crossed her arms and frowns. "I'm not going to be the one who does something easy if you want to play that way... I can ask for a new partner," she scolds.

"Woah, hold your horses it was just a suggestion," I defend myself. 

"What if we did something like ancient Greece?" she asks.

Actually... it doesn't sound like the worst idea. "Sure," I agree. 

"It's settled then!" We both say at the same time. She bends over laughing as I say, "Jinx!"

"Wasn't "Jinx" a kindergarten phrase?" she asks. 

"Err..." I blush, trying to think of what to say. "Uh... Didn't you hear? Jinxing people is coming back in style... I hear it's even replacing the dab," I say, coming up with something on the spot. 

"Ha! Yeah right..." she says, and then pulls out her laptop from her bag. "C'mon, let's get to work"

AN: So how are you guys liking the story so far? Sorry, this is super cheesy! It's not edited, so if there are any mistakes that really bug you just let me know. What do you think is going to happen next with Jack and Lily? Will Lily start to fall for him or keep her crush on Grayson?