Chapter 33, Time to Start a New Chapter

-Jack-

We were sitting on our two-person bench up on the cliff top again, the place we had sat so many times. It was a week after school had ended, and Lily was leaning against my shoulder, gazing out at the view. The sun was setting, and it felt like a scene out of a movie. I loved the warmth she gave me when her head was positioned like that, everything just felt right and it just made me... happy. 

"I could never get sick of this view..." Lily mumbled into my shoulder. I smiled, giving her a kiss on the top of her head.

"It could still never be as beautiful as you..." I whispered. She laughed at my cheesy line, but I didn't care because I could still see her blushing... a hint of pink coming through her pale cheeks. 

"We're so perfect for each other..." she said. "At the beginning of the year I couldn't have even imagined there being an us, but now... it's as clear as day!" she sighed happily, snuggling closer into my shoulder.

"We are perfect for each other..." I agreed.

"And if you ever found someone you liked more than me... you'd tell me, right?" she asked and I chuckled, wrapping my arm around her. 

"Of course Princess, but you don't have to worry about that because there never will be a girl better than you," I smirked as she smiled, reassured. 

"I love you..." she said, looking up at me. A warm glow spread through me, as I looked down on her beautiful eyes. How did I end up so lucky to get her? Now I have something to look forward to. I might actually like school if it means I get to see her, I might actually do the extra credit stuff if it means I get to impress her. 

"I love you too..." I said passionately, making sure my feelings were poured out in every word. I wish there was a phrase that meant more than "love" like... there were couples that loved each other, and there were couples that meant so much to each other it was more than all the love in the world. As if they would die without the other. That's how I felt, at that moment. I might die without her, so mine as well live every moment with her to its fullest. 

"We sure did go through a lot this year!" I laughed, looking out at the horizon again.

"We sure did..." she smiled. "But maybe we should put that all behind, remember the happy memories of the year... but not dwell on the sad and stressful ones. I think... I think it's time we start a new chapter, what do you say?" the beautiful girl asked me, taking my hand in hers and rubbing her thumb across my hand.

"Yeah, it is time to start a new chapter... this isn't the end of our story, it's just time to start part two," I agreed. "And even though we went through a lot? You know what happens in the end?" I asked her leaning down and giving her a soft kiss on her beautiful lips. 

"What happens in the end?" she laughed, kissing me back.

"Love Shines Through."