Chapter 15, I'll Follow You Anywhere

-Lily-

I generally liked school, but today was absolute torture. I couldn't stop thinking about Jack. My mind kept finding his face, all I could think of was Jack, Jack, Jack, Jack, Jack. When we had to write story problems in math, the only name I could think of to use as an example was Jack. When Abby asked what my favorite toy was as a kid, I responded with Jack in the box. She laughed at me and I was so embarrassed... why couldn't I keep my mind off him? If you told me a month ago that we'd be together, I would've laughed in your face. But now it was as if everything was falling into place. I now realized everything about Grayson to show he was gay. The way he stared at the football players on the field... I should have known. 

It's strange how once you find out someone has feelings about you, you start to feel this sudden gravitational pull towards them. No matter where they are, you feel the need to be with them. Many boys I know are stuck-up and rude, but I know Jack is different. I already can feel his emotions, comfort him... even when we've only been together for a short period of time. My gaze flickered to his, staring at me across the room. We both smiled at each other as if sharing a private thought. I don't think anyone knew about us being together yet, but I'm sure they'll find out soon. 

I continued to watch him as he shook his phone under the table when the teacher wasn't looking. He must be trying to send me a message. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, realizing there was a text from him.

Jack: did u ride ur bike 2 school today?

Hmm, that was an odd question... I wonder what he had in mind. I looked up to see if the teacher was watching and quickly responded.

Lily: Yeah, why do you ask?

He responded quickly, and I was glad I had turned my phone to silent.

Jack: was wondering if u wanted 2 do something with me tonight?

I almost jumped out of my chair in excitement. Would I like to do something with him tonight? Was that even a question? I replied as fast as I could, and just in time because only milliseconds after I put my phone in my pocket, the teacher scanned the room to make sure everyone was doing their work. 

Lily: Of course :)

Is what I had replied. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Lily-

As I waited in front of the school with my bike, I couldn't help being curious as to what Jack had in mind. Why did I need my bike? Was this something secret we couldn't tell our parents? Or was it just a quick ride to his house? Whatever it was, I was overly excited.

"Hey you," Jack said as he slid next to me with his bike.

"Hey," I smiled weakly, unable to control the blood rising to my cheeks.

"Wanna go for a ride?" he asked, a smirk on his face.

"Sure, but where are we going?"

"You'll see," he smirked again, making me want to playfully punch his arm or kiss that little smirk off his face. He was so adorable... and wow I'm such a dork. 

I panted as I peddled to catch up with him. Darn, he was so fast! 

"C'mon slowpoke!" he hollered over his shoulder in a teasing way. I grunted in annoyance.

"I'm trying to... catch up!" I panted.

"Want some fries with that?" he asked.

"What?"