Chapter 20, What Happened?

-Grayson-

Now all I had to do was wait. Wait for my one true love to show up. Who knows who it could be? At our school, we have this daily news page where anyone can post things going on in their life and people can comment or whatnot. Some people also use the page for party invitations if they want to invite the whole school to a pool party or something, or a fundraiser announcement. After texting with Lily that one night, a brilliant idea popped into my head. I posted an anonymous message about being gay, asking anyone else who is gay to schedule a time to meet me. I was surprised when I received a comment within the first hour the message was up! It read...

Anonymous: Dear Anonymous, I am like you too. It's such a relief to know that there's someone else out there like me, much less at my school! I'd love to meet you at 2:00 on Saturday, over by the park up on the mountaintop. Meet you there?

Of course, I had responded immediately.

Anonymus: I'd love to! See you there!

Now it was 1:45, and I was beginning to get a little antsy. I mean, who could blame me for wanting to meet someone else who shares my secret? Who could blame me for meeting my possible future boyfriend? I pushed my glasses back and made sure my hair looked nice and neat. 

Ten minutes later, I whipped around to the sound of heavy footsteps coming my way. But who I saw was not who I expected at all. In front of me stood a huge, buff senior guy who looked about twice my size, and had a big skull tattoo on his forearm. I forced a smile, trying to hide my disappointment.

"Hi! Uh... are you Anonymus?" I asked, feeling extremely nervous.

"Haha! I never thought the gay kid would be puny Grayson!" he poked my chest, his voice booming.

"Err... yep, it's me," I squeaked out, fighting the urge to ditch the whole thing.

"Even better," the big dude grinned a creepy smile. He leaned in close, and for a second I thought he was going to kiss me, but instead, it was something much worse than that.

"Tell no one of this," he breathed in my face. His breath smelled like rotten fish mixed with a hint of beer. "Or else worse pain will come." 

My eyes widened in horror. Worse pain will come? What is he talking about? Suddenly, I was jerked upward as he grabbed the hem of my shirt, lifting me up from my feet.

"Put me down!" I yelled, kicking my feet at him.

"Why should I put you down? Punk?" he spat out the words, his eyes piercing into my soul. My body surged with anger and I kicked him in the groin, as hard as I possibly could.

He doubled over in pain, dropping me to clench his aching parts. I took my chance and made a run for it. I made it about two yards before I was jerked back by his big hands.

"You're gonna pay for that!" he bellowed, throwing me on the ground and keeping a foot on my chest to keep me from moving. The more I struggled, the harder the foot pressed down.

"HELP!!!!" I screamed, hoping someone could hear me.

"Oh, you gonna cry little boy? Gonna go back to your mommy and call for help? Well, if you get to call for help, I do too!" he pushed into my chest again with his foot before yelling. 

"BOYS! GET OVER HERE!" 

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw two teenagers coming up the mountainside. He had bodyguards? 

"Hey! Why don't you pick on someone your own size!" I found my courage, yelling in his face.

"And why should I pick on someone else?" he bent down in my face, putting his full weight on my body.

"Kids like you don't belong here!" he punched me hard in the face, sending an unbearing pain that started in my nose and continued through the rest of my body. I'd never felt anything like it, it was unbearable torture.

"Please let me go!" I whimpered, trying to keep the tears of pain and fear from reaching the surface. I couldn't appear weak, not right now.

"Kids like you are a bad influence on the community! Kids like you should go to hell for thinking such perverted thoughts towards your own gender!" he screamed in my face, giving me another punch. It felt as if everything was broken, at first everything was on fire and then it all felt numb. I probably had a broken nose, a few knocked out teeth, and a black eye. I didn't know how much more of this I could take... but I knew I couldn't win this fight. 

"Yo! Boss! The dude was this small? This is going to be even easier than I thought!" one of his bodyguard dudes said as he trotted up. Just get me out of here... I thought. I wondered what my parents would think when they found out how I died, what Jack would think... what Lily would think. 

"Mind if I finish him off boss?" the bodyguard dude asked, clenching his fists.

"He's all yours!" senior guy chuckled, getting off of me.

"This is gonna be fun..." I heard someone mumble before I was kicked in the face. Then the world started spinning, and everything went black.