Chapter 29, Movie For Two

-Will-

He looked absolutely stunning. I almost couldn't describe it, where did he get that sense of fashion? In front of me stood someone I hardly even recognized. He wore a grey button-down shirt with these skinny jeans that looked amazing on him. He smiled at me with that dimpled, grin, adjusting his glasses. His hair was all gelled up nicely, making me want to run my hands through it, messing it all up. I couldn't have asked for a better boyfriend than the one standing in front of me, Grayson. 

"Are you ready?" he asked me, holding out his hand.

"I am!" I smiled, taking his outstretched hand and walking to the car.

"For you, good sir," he opened the door.

"Thanks," I smiled, happy to finally feel what it was like to have a boyfriend.

We drove in silence for a while, talking about what movie we wanted to see.

"One of the new Star Wars?" he suggested. But I shook my head, I wasn't that much of a geek.

"We could watch... a romance?" I asked, thinking that was what most couples did. 

"Nah, I've never been a fan of those... they're so... cheesy, I guess," he stated, turning the corner into the movie theater.

"Well, what about that new Pirates of the Caribean movie?" I wasn't that much of a geek, but I could stand to watch Pirates if Grayson wanted too.

"Sure!" he shrugged, parking in a spot.

"Think anyone will judge us for being a gay couple?" I asked nervously, looking around as we got out of the car.

"If they do? That's their problem," he smirked at me, taking my hand in his confidently. I chuckled, running my hand through my hair. Who was I kidding? If they had trouble with gay couples, that was their problem.

"Besides, some of the best couples are gay," he mumbled in my ear. 

"Like what?" I asked.

"Solangelo!" he grinned, squeezing my hand. Except I had no clue what he was talking about.

"Solangelo...?"

"Yeah! Nico and Will...? Their ship name? From Heros of Olympus?" he pestered me with questions with this expression that said, Are you serious you don't know what I'm talking about!? Although no matter how hard he tried, I still had no clue what he was talking about.

Grayson sighed in defeat, "Okay nevermind, anyways do you wanna get some popcorn?"

"Sure!" I said, ordering us a large popcorn and two slushies. Grayson got an Orange slushie while I got a Coke-flavored one. A few people stared at us as we walked into the theater, but other than that no one made some rude comment or anything.

"How did you eat that much popcorn already!?" I gasped, looking at Grayson.

"Uh... sorry, I was bored, so... I ate this popcorn," he smirked, holding up the half-empty bucket.

"But... the movie hasn't even started yet!" I said.

"Yeah... I know," he sighed, handing me the rest of the bucket. 

"It's okay man," I smiled, "We can split the rest."

Then the lights dimmed and the curtains opened fully, telling us the movie was about to start. Grayson quoted word for word the whole "please put away all cell phones or other electronic devices to not disturb others during the movie, thank you," speech. It was actually pretty impressive! 

Halfway through the movie, I felt the warm feeling of Grayson's hand in mine. I smiled, giving it a little squeeze. I guess that had become our thing, squeezing each other's hand. 

"Mommy?" I heard the whisper of a little girl behind us. "Why are those two boys in front of us holding hands?" she asked.

I clenched Grayson's hand harder in anger. Even if this little girl had no clue, who does she think she is? What's wrong with two guys holding hands? We could be brothers! We could just be friends! Or we could be madly in love! But what does that have to do with anything? Why should we have to stand up for ourselves? Other, what people consider "normal" couples don't have to stand up for being straight! 

I felt Grayson let go of my hand and mumble in my ear, "Will, calm down."

"I don't know honey, just watch the movie..." the mom replied to her daughter. And then I started to wonder... why was this little girl watching this movie? I'd expect them to at least be 8, but this girl was like... 5. Finally, I calmed down, enjoying the rest of the movie in peace. 

Afterward, we ended up just sitting in Grayson's car for a while, simply talking about the movie and just life in general. I felt bad about how his parents were hardly ever home, and how they didn't give him any attention. When I used to come over as a kid, his parents were always home and getting us ice-cream and things like that. 

I was sad to leave him at the end of the night, I had had SO much fun.

"Bye Will," he smiled, stepping out and opening my door. 

"Bye my prince," I laughed, kissing his cheek. 

"And now I'll know to buy us separate buckets next time," he said.

"Oh yeah? Is that because you eat too much before the movie starts?"

"No, because you put WAY too much butter on your popcorn," he told me and I had to laugh. 

"Goodnight Grayson, cya around!" I squeezed his hand one last time before heading inside, smiling to myself.