Chapter 19, Don't Do Anything Stupid

-Jack-

Note to self: Next time you want to make out with Lily, make sure it's at her house. Also since my little brother was notorious for interrupting Lily and me, I better make sure he's far away as well. Eventually, I was able to convince my mom that we didn't even take any clothes off, but she still gave me this hour-long sex safety speech, which was totally unnecessary and embarrassing. 

Now pretty much the entire school knew we were dating, which was causing a bunch of drama but I didn't really care. As long as I had Lily, I was complete. Who knows what will happen to us in the future? I don't have a clue, but for now, I'm happy to do homework at her house and kiss her on our own special bench overlooking the mountains. School was always torture because the desks that separated her from me was just too long of a distance for me to handle. I never understood why I wasn't attracted to her before, but I know one thing for certain; I was in love.

-Lily-

I rubbed my eyes, leaning back against the headboard of my bed. I'd stayed up late watching movies with Jack, and now I really had to go to sleep or else I'd be paying for it in the morning. After changing into my pj's, I looked down at my phone to see a text from Grayson. Goodness, between Jack and Grayson, I probably got 100 texts a day! I opened it, seeing what it said.

Grayson: Hey, you up?

Lily: Yeah, but what are you doing up!? It's 2:00 in the morning!

Grayson: Sorry... just... can't sleep.

Aww... something about that made me want to run over to his house and comfort him. I'd never seen the emotional part of Grayson until now, and something inside me ached for him.

Lily: That's okay, I can't go to sleep either.

I texted back, lying a little bit. I couldn't tell him I'd been watching movies with Jack... that would just be cruel and I couldn't do that to him right now.

Grayson: Can I ask you something?

Lily: Of course.

Grayson: Do you think there's anyone out there for me?

He was waiting for true love? That was so cute... I tried to respond the best I could.

Lily: Sure there is, you just have to wait for them. Besides... it's only freshmen year, so you still have plenty of time. 

Grayson: Do you think maybe... there's anyone at our school who's like me? 

I had to give him an honest answer on this one.

Lily: I don't know Grayson.

Grayson: Then I guess there's only one way to find out...

Uh-oh. This did not sound good. He better not do anything stupid.

Lily: Grayson... what did you have in mind?

I stared at my phone screen for a while, waiting for a response. The only thing is... none came. I sighed and texted him one more time before falling asleep.

Lily: Just don't do anything stupid, okay?