Chapter 27, Sitting Down Together

-Lily-

I wasn't sure how this was going to work, but we decided to give it a shot. Today the four of us were going to double date. Grayson was bringing Will over for Jack and me to meet, and we were having dinner at Olive Garden. I'd like to call it a double date, except it was a very special one. A double date with one gay couple and another couple that wasn't gay. We embrace each other's differences, even if others judge us.

"Table for four," Jack smiled at the hostess. Jack was wearing a nice jacket and pants, looking rather spiffy. 

"Sure!" she smiled back at him, grabbing four menus. "Right this way!" she led the way down a hall and into a smaller, dimly lit room. "Here you are..." she said, placing the menus on the table and winking at Jack, attempting to flirt a little. Ugh, can't she see he's already taken? 

Jack smiled back in a polite manner, but I could tell he wanted out of the situation. I rolled my eyes, trying not to get too annoyed with her. After she left though, I appreciated it when Jack leaned down and whispered in my ear, "Don't worry, I only have eyes for you," he mumbled, winking at me. I giggled a little and opened the menu, waiting for Grayson and Will to come.

-Grayson-

I was really nervous about this... what if Jack and Lily didn't like Will? If they don't, I don't know what I'd do. Then that would mean I couldn't bring him over to hang out with them and stuff. I just hoped this would go okay, but if they don't like him, then that's their opinion. 

I walked in holding his hand, praying no one would judge us for being a gay couple. He looked at me nervously, and him being nervous just made me even more nervous. Getting their approval was even more important than my parent's approval to me. 

"Hey!" I smiled, pulling out a chair for Will and then sitting down myself once we found their table.

"Hi, Grayson!" Lily smiled, "and you must be Will!" she said, holding out her hand and shaking his.

"Yeah," Will smirked a little. He must feel a bit awkward being the youngest at the table.

"Pleasure to meet you, Will! Grayson has said so much about you..." Jack told Will, smiling a bit.

What really annoyed me though was how Lily and Jack were acting like my parents, I said their approval was more important than my parents but I didn't say to be my parents. Oh well, I guess I'd just have to deal with it for now. 

After we ordered, Jack and Lily would pester Will with questions about himself, and thankfully they seemed to like him.

"So what's new with you guys?" I asked, wanting to turn the attention away from Will. They looked at each other and shrugged.

"Our social studies project is due next week!" Jack said, smiling a little.

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot about that! After all, that is kind of how this all started," Lily grinned at Jack and held his hand. Gosh, they were such love birds.

"Luckies! You both got to work with someone fun on your project! I had to work the entire year with Max Murphy!" I complained, fidgetting with the napkin on my lap.

"Major oof," Jack said nodding while I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"Also prom is coming up for the Seniors!" Lily chirped.

"Mhmm... wish we could go," Jack said squeezing Lily's hand.

"Maybe you guys could sneak in!" Will offered, but only got a glare from Lily as if to say "Don't even let him think about it." Meanwhile, I was dying of laughter on the inside.

"What? It was just an idea..." Will mumbled, backing away from the topic.

A little while later, our food arrived, and we all dug into our pasta. Mine was so delicious, I couldn't remember the last time I'd been to Olive Garden. It must've been with my parents, which would've definitely been a long time ago.

After we ate we all went to Lily's house to play this board game she showed us called Shadow Hunters. It was pretty fun, everyone is randomly dealt out an identity and in a four-player game, there's two shadows and two hunters. You don't know who anyone is at the beginning of the game, and the two sides are against each other. Miraculously, Jack and Lily ended up on the same team. Coincidence? I think not. They ended up crushing us because Will and I hadn't caught on that they were teammates until halfway through the game. It was still fun though, and I ended up buying the game myself when I got home. 

-Will-

I honestly kind of felt like a baby the entire night. I knew that would change soon, and this was the entire purpose of the double date, but... no one likes to feel like a baby. Grayson's friends were pretty cool, although I didn't know how he could be around a hot guy like Jack all the time and still want to be with me. 

The Shadow Hunters game was so confusing though, I honestly didn't understand half of it. I was too afraid to ask though in case I appeared dumb in front of all these smart people. All around Lily's house were little Star Wars or Marvel trinkets and she even had some Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter things hanging on the walls. Hopefully, Grayson would help me see past this, but the more nerdy things I saw the less I felt like I belonged. 

-Jack-

Okay, that game? Was sick! Lily and I completely crushed the other two, and it was awesome being on a team with A. the love of your life and B. the one person in the room who actually knows how to play the game. I liked Will, and I was glad he was going to be part of our group. I think he and Grayson would go pretty well together. 

Ever since Will mentioned it, I've been trying to create a master plan to sneak Lily and me into prom. And no matter what Lily says, I will find a way.