Chapter 3, Until We Meet Again

-Lily-

I plop onto my bed and rub my eyes. Well, I survived my first day of High School! My phone vibrates and I look down to see I have a text message.

Jack: hey, when u want 2 meet?

Lily: I'm open almost every day, what works best for you?

Jack: well, I have football Monday, Wednesday, Friday, so how bout Tuesday Thursday?

Lily: Sure, do you want to work at my house or your house?

Jack: mine

Lily: Alright, see you tomorrow then.

Jack: cya

I turned my phone off and leaned back into my pillows. If only I was working with Grayson... I thought. I pulled out the yearbook from last year and stared at his face like I've done so many other times. His light brown hair... serious face... smooth swoop of hair... and lovely green eyes. I've looked at his picture so many times, I've got it memorized. If I was a great artist, I probably could draw him out perfectly without even looking at a picture. I turned the page to see a smiling Jack Carter with his dimples, freckles around his nose, and crazy hair. I guess he wasn't bad looking either, but his reputation kind of ruined the image for me. My phone buzzed again.

Jack: forgot 2 ask, what time?

Lily: Does 6:30 sound alright to you?

Jack: yep, kay bye

Lily: Bye. 

After straitening my hair to impress Grayson, I lay out my clothes and get ready for bed. 

"Goodnight..." I mumble to no one in particular and drift off to sleep.

-Jack-

Wow, she's so proper when she's texting. I mean, who capitalizes the beginning of every sentence they type? And even when talking, nobody says "see you tomorrow," we always say "cya!". I tidy up my room so that it's ready before Lily comes over tomorrow. Not that I really care what she thinks, but I still don't want to look like a pig. 

I pull out the yearbook and gaze at this girl named Savannah. She's so beautiful with long, blond hair and a really pretty smile. She's not in any of my classes this year because she isn't very smart. I still like her though because she's really nice and popular. I flip back a page to look at Lily. She also has long hair but it's thick and brown, with dark blue eyes like the sea. Maybe I could learn to like her, but only until she treats me nicer. Maybe a little school project won't only create new learning, but new friendships as well. 

 I lay my head on my pillow, drifting off to sleep.