Chapter 5, Homecoming?

-Lily-

"What are you reading?" a voice startles me, causing me to look up from my book.

"Oh, I'm just reading Things I Can't Forget, it's a romance though, so... you probably wouldn't like it," I said, smiling up at Grayson. 

He shrugged, "Well, I've always been more of the Science Fiction/Fantasy guy but maybe I could try a romance," he said. 

"Well for starters, I would definitely read the Hundred Oaks series by Miranda Keneally," I said.

"Cool, maybe I'll check it out," he responded, but I knew he's probably not actually interested.

"Hey, Lily!" I see Jack smirk and give me a little wave.

"Hi Jack," I wave back at him.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Grayson scowling. Was Grayson Barron jealous? Jack and I had become much closer friends over the past few weeks, which I never expected, but I kind of liked. Our principle's voice then blares over the intercom. 
"Attention homecoming comity, please head down to the office," the staticky voice says.
Homecoming? I honestly completely forgot about homecoming... I sneak a glance over at Grayson and found he was looking at me too. The childish butterflies squirmed inside my stomach, trying to get out. Maybe I'd have a date to the dance after all. It after it's a long shot but hey, a girl can dream.

-Jack-

Homecoming... a very interesting topic. At least you'd have to assume it's interesting... considering that it's all our school can talk about. But most of the gossip is all about who's going with who to the dance. Nothing else, other than football of course. 

A few of my friends have asked if I'm taking Savannah to Homecoming, but I think the girl I'm really fighting for is already obvious. She's smart, funny, beautiful, and makes me really happy when I'm around her, Lily. Who else would it be? She thinks there's no one out there who wants her, but that statement is so far from the truth it's almost something to laugh about. Of course, most of the jocks aren't a big fan of her but there are a few nerds trying to strike her attention. I know I'll have a lot of competition but hey, a guy can dream.