Summer Days *46*

Sephiroth rose onto his knees wheezing trying to take in as much air as he could. There wasn't a scratch on him. He saw you and a smile surfaced to his lips, he staggered onto his feet and walked towards you slowly.

Cid was now fighting alongside Auron against Cloud who was struggling even more so. He knelt to one knee and got to your level, you still struggled to catch your breath.

"You can't win [Name]. Quit trying. It's hopeless." He said darkly.

"..H-How..?" You managed to say.

He pulled back his sleeve to reveal a sleek shiny black metal bracelet. He slid his finger across it leaving a trail of white light where he touched the bracelet. When his finger had completely circled the bracelet it began to glow blue.

Your eyes widened as you could now see what looked like a thin bubble that took his shape and covered every inch of his body. After the bracelet's blue glow had completely dimmed, the bubble around himself shimmered and disappeared.

"Think of it as a force field of sorts. The very best from USPC technology." He grinned, "You would never guess where I found it. Of all places, it was in Ms. Bea's classroom."

Your breath had finally returned and calmed, you threw your fist at him but he simply caught it and pushed your hand away. He then took his other hand and grabbed a fistful of your hair pulling it roughly. You yelled out in pain.

"Now listen here. I tried to help you to the best of my ability. I did no harm towards you other then needed, but then you went and made a fool of me in front on Xemnas." He growled at you.

You clawed at his hands madly trying to free your hair or at least lessen the pain.

He roughly threw you into the snow on your back, releasing your hair at the same time.

Sephiroth stood tall and went to grab you again when a blue flame hit him in the side sending him into a pile of snow screaming in agony. You turned to see Big C sitting up hunched over and breathing in deep breaths of the icy air. His right arm was smoldering, showing signs of the fire that had just recently gone away.

"Bet you wish you had my shield on now don't you?" Big C spat at Sephiroth who now lay motionless in the pile of snow. Smoke rose from him. Big C losing all the strength and adrenaline he had to throw the fire ball, fell back into the snow. You stood slowly and took in your surroundings again noticing one thing in particular.

Where was Lauren?

"Ah!" Cloud yelled as he was forced to his knees by Cid and Auron.

Auron held his blade to Cloud's throat.

Click.

"Don't do it."

Hearing Leon's voice changed everything. Leon stood tall and straight, his gunblade was pointed at Auron and his eyes were back to normal with no sight of the sickly yellow ring.

"Leon!" You yelled.

His eyes went to you, Cid took this chance and swung his spear towards Leon. Luckily Leon was able to duck under it at last minute.

Leon maneuvered around Cid, during all the attacks Cid threw at him, and knocked Cid out with a blow to the back of the head.

While all of that went on Cloud got back onto his feet and held off Auron to the best of his ability.

After Cid was laying in the snow unconscious Leon began to fight Auron.

The fight didn't last long and soon Auron fell to the ground defeated.