But This is So Important!-2

"What'd you think of Jisoo?" Lisa asks, flopping down on the couch in Jennie's office.

"She's nice." Jennie says.

"Alright, the next person is named Jackson Wang. He's 24 years old and moved to Korea from China as a teenager."

~~~

The rest of Jennie's interviews go pretty smoothly, but the more people she sees, the more certain she is that Jisoo is going to get the job.

"Alright Unnie, see you tomorrow." Lisa shouts, making her way out of Jennie's office.

Jennie soon packs up what Lisa calls her 'weird hipster sling bag' and walks over to a nearby cafe, to order herself a light salad for dinner. When she looks up at the cashier taking her order, she finds herself staring at Jisoo who has a confused look on her face.

"You look familiar, have I seen you before?" Jisoo asks Jennie.

"I literally interviewed you this afternoon." Jennie replies.

"Oh right, you're that Nini person."

"Jennie." Jennie replies, chuckling.

"Nini is just easier to remember. So what can I get you?"

Once Jennie collects her food and goes back to her car, she finds herself smiling, and only being able to think about Jisoo.

~~~

The next day Jennie heads to work and immediately tells Chaeyoung to call Jisoo to tell her she's hired.

"Finally found a replacement for me, huh?" Chaeyoung asks.

"Well not exactly, I don't think anyone will ever live up to how great you are at your job." Jennie replies, unlocking her office.

"I highly doubt that. Remember the time I accidentally sent Lisa in while you were on a conference call?" Chaeyoung chuckles.

"It's amazing that we still got the deal." Jennie laughs.

"I'm gonna miss Lisa. Even though I only saw her a little while everyday, I still enjoyed it. She just has an infectious energy that wakes you up for the rest of the day." Chaeyoung sighs.

"Really? I feel like she just sucks all of my energy out."

"Oh Unnie, I'm sure going to miss you sarcastic comments."

"How long are you going to be in Australia?"

"As long as they need me." Chaeyoung sighs.

"You should come back quickly, I'm sure Lisa's going to miss you a lot as well." Jennie winks at Chaeyoung before going into her office.

~~~

"JENNIE KIM!" Lisa yells walking into Jennie's office, quickly shutting the door behind her.

"Yes?" Jennie replies.

"Park Chaeyoung, your beautiful secretary, just told me that she'd miss me!" Lisa says, jumping up and down like a excited teenager.

"That's great." Jennie says flatly.

"Why aren't you excited?"

"She told me that she'd miss you this morning."

"And you didn't tell me?!?"

"No."

"Why not?" Lisa says, a disappointed look on her face.

"I knew it'd get you all jittery for the rest of the day, so I wanted to tell you at the end of the day.  Therefore I wouldn't have to deal with you, but I guess you found out on your own." Jennie says, not looking up from her work.

"Unnie," Lisa whines "But this is so important!"

"She's telling everyone that she's gonna miss them."

"Ugh, why do you have to be such a buzzkill." Lisa complains, turning on her heel to walk out the door.

"Love you!" Jennie calls out giggling as Lisa walks out of her office.

As Lisa walks past Chaeyoung's desk, Chaeyoung gets up and grabs her wrist before she can walk any further, like a scene from a K-drama.

"Wait, Lisa." she says, immediately embarrassed by her actions.

Lisa turns around and looks Chaeyoung straight in the eyes before breaking out into her signature grin after realizing that Chae still has her grasp on her wrist.

"Yes?" Lisa asks.

"I- you know what, nevermind." Chae says, looking down at the ground.

"No, you can tell me, what is it?" Lisa asks, gently lifting Chaeyoung's chin to meet her eyes again.

"Well, I'm not really sure if I'm coming back anytime soon, and I'm sure that when I do come back we're probably never going to see each other again, but I wanted you to know that everyday, when you leaned onto my desk, it made me happy, and you were a big part in why I smiled everyday. And I know this sounds weird, and you probably didn't pay any attention to me whatsoever, but-"

"Chaeyoung. I'm really going to miss you too." Lisa smiles back. "And I know I'm going to embarrass myself saying this, but I came to Jennie's office everyday just to have an excuse to talk to you. It sounds weird, but when you laughed at something I said, it made me feel like I was worth more than I actually am. Because inside my head I was just thinking 'Wow, I made her laugh. I made her happy.' and it would make me happy, it would help me relax about my problems. So, for that, I thank you Chae, I wish you didn't have to leave."

Chaeyoung stands there in disbelief before hugging Lisa tightly. "Too bad all this didn't come up earlier." she giggles.

"Yeah, I would've wanted to see what would've happened." Lisa replies.

"Here, give me your phone number."

"Oh, really? Why?" Lisa asks in disbelief. She can't believe that Park Chaeyoung, a literal goddess is asking for her phone number.

"Well, I'll need someone to cheer me up while I'm away from all my friends won't I?"

Lisa breaks into her signature grin before inputting her number into Chaeyoung's phone.

"Chaeyoung, I'll do whatever it takes to make you happy."

It's obvious that the pair loves each other, but they're both too scared to say anything. It disappoints Lisa, but she knows that some way, she's gonna crawl back into Chaeyoung's life and stay there.