Let's Get You Engaged-35

"Lisa, stop freaking out, everything will be fine." Jisoo reassures, patting her shoulder.

"Thanks for doing all this Jennie, I know it must've been hard to get a reservation on such short notice." Lisa says, fixing her dress.

"It was nothing, I'm just really excited that my best friend is going to be engaged!" Jennie squeals.

"That is, if she says yes anyways." Lisa chuckles nervously.

"Oh she'll say yes, she loves you, remember? Now let's get you engaged!"

~~~

After a very nice dinner in a private box overlooking Seoul, thanks to Jennie, Chaeyoung and Lisa are now walking hand in hand on a path next to the Han River, and Lisa has a blanket under her arm so that they can stargaze.

"You're so beautiful, do you know that?" Lisa asks Chaeyoung.

"I've heard it a few times." Chae laughs.

Lisa spreads the blanket out on the grass and sits down, motioning for Chaeyoung to follow.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

"What?"

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you. And if you don't want to spend the rest of your life with me, I'm gonna look really stupid right now." Lisa chuckles.

"Wait, I'm still confused."

"Chaeyoung, you make me the happiest person on earth. I know that we've only been dating for about a year now, but I also know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to be able to wake up next to your beautiful face every morning, I want to show you everyday for the rest of your life how amazing, and appreciated you are, I want to start a family together, I want to grow old with you, I just want to know that you'll stay in my life forever. Will you please make me the happiest person alive and marry me?" Lisa asks, pulling out a small velvet box with a diamond ring placed in the middle.

Chaeyoung, too shocked to even process what's going on, stares at Lisa with her mouth hanging open, before throwing her arms around her neck and bringing both of them to the ground in a passionate kiss.

"So is that a yes?" Lisa smiles.

Chaeyoung nods her head and presses her lips against Lisa's once again, smiling into the touch. Lisa pulls away and slips the ring onto Chaeyoung's finger, both of them smiling so brightly that they light up the night sky.

"I love you. Thank you so much for making me so happy." Chaeyoung says, leaning her head onto Lisa's shoulder.

"I'll do anything and everything in my power to make sure that you're always safe and happy."

"Where do you wanna get married?"

"I dunno, I was thinking here in Korea, so that it's a nice balance between Thailand and Australia."

"Yeah, I like that."

"I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."

"When should we tell our parents?"

"Whenever you want to, I think they'll be ecstatic."

"Do Jisoo and Jennie Unnie know?"

"They knew I was planning on proposing, and they kept convincing me that you were gonna say yes." Lisa chuckles.

"You thought I was gonna say no?"

"Well, I mean, it's just that little voice in the back of my head saying 'she's too good for you, she's never gonna say yes'."

"Aw, baby, I would've said yes even if you asked me in the middle of our kitchen without a ring."

"But I wanted to do something nice. So here we are, and I think I made the right choice." Lisa smiles, playing with the blades of grass at her feet.

The pair sit in silence for a little while, before Chaeyoung speaks up.

"I still can't believe we're gonna get married."

"I remember having the biggest crush on you when you were Jennie's secretary, and I would always say to myself 'she's straight, she's straight, don't get too attached' but when we started texting while you were in Australia, I soon realized that wasn't the case." Lisa chuckles. "I think that's when I fell in love with you."

"Really? I had always tried to make it blatantly obvious that I was gay. I really thought you knew and just talked to me to be nice."

Lisa laughs and wraps her arms around Chaeyoung's shoulders, bringing her into a giant hug, and breathing in her scent. She wants to stay here forever and ever.

~~~

A/N: Chaelisa is engaged, I'm soft