Are You Happy?-30

Jennie picks up Jisoo on monday morning, and drives both of them to work. She's regained her senses to the point where she feels it's safe enough for her to drive, but she's still extra careful. She is transporting precious luggage after all.

"What do you think Chaeyoung and Lisa are gonna say?" Jisoo asks.

"I think they'll be happy, did you tell Sana?"

"Uh, no, not yet. She doesn't like you very much."

"Yeah, I figured." Jennie sighs.

"Why, does that bother you?"

"Isn't it obvious? I mean, I really want the people in your life to like me as well. What is they don't?"

"I'm sure they will, just give Sana time. Eventually she'll love you."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, even my parents. Hopefully."

"Have you talked to them since you came out?"

"No, not really, not at all actually. I'm really scared."

"Everything will be alright. And at least you can be a little more open now, right?"

"I guess. I think that I enjoy being out, I get to fully be myself when I'm around the people that know, and I enjoy that feeling."

"Are you ready to fully come out?"

"No, not yet. But soon I will."

"I'm really proud of you Jisoo, you're such a strong person."

"I mean, not really, and you went through the same thing as well, right? Like, how did your parents react?"

"My dad didn't really care, he was too wrapped up in the business."

"And your mom?"

"I never got to tell her." Jennie says quietly.

"What do you mean?" Jisoo asks, her voice lined with concern.

"She died in a car crash when I was young."

"Oh."

"Yeah, a drunk driver plowed into the passenger side door. She died on impact. Only my dad and I survived."

"When?"

"I dunno, I was really young, maybe like eight years old?"

"I'm really sorry to hear that."

"It's fine. I still miss her and everything, but I've gotten used to it. And I guess I'm more independent since it was only my dad and I."

"But you never really got to see your dad."

"It is what it is. And everything worked out in the end I guess."

"What do you mean?"

"Well I think that if I hadn't been so strong willed after her death, my dad wouldn't have trusted me with the company, and I wouldn't be where I am now."

"Do you miss her?"

"Of course I do, but I never really got to know her. I only have a few vague memories. But you actually kind of remind me of her. She had a really carefree spirit, and always made people laugh. I guess that's why I'm so drawn to you. It's like you fill a void that's been empty for so long."

"I'm not sure if I like being compared to your mom, you're making this sound like incest."

"Oh god, Jisoo, let me try to be romantic towards you at least once." Jennie laughs.

"I'm sorry Nini, it was very sweet of you to say that." Jisoo says, leaning over the console to place a small peck on Jennie's cheek.

"You're the most beautiful person in the world, do you know that?"

"Well I'd like to argue that you're the most beautiful."

"I highly doubt that."

"It's the truth."

"And you make me incredibly happy, do you know that?"

"Well that's good, I just want you to be happy."

"Are you happy?"

"Of course I am."

"That's good." Jennie smiles.

"Yeah, I guess it is."

~~~

A/N: More of a filler chapter, I'm sorry that it's so short