Epilogue

"Jennie, come on, we're gonna be late! You know how Seoyeon's teacher doesn't like it when she's late to class!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming." Jennie says as she runs down the stairs, buttoning down her shirt.

About six months after they got engaged, the pair tied the knot, and soon after adopted a daughter. Their daughter is now three years old, and going to preschool.

"Does everyone have everything they need?" Jisoo asks.

"Yeah, I think so." Jennie says.

"What about you Seoyeon?"

"Yes mommy."

"Alright, let's go then!" Jisoo says, nearly sprinting into the elevator with Seoyeon.

"Jisoo! Wait up! Jeez, you run fast."

"Come on, it's only Seoyeon's second week of school and she's already been late eight times!"

"So? That's not that bad." Jennie pants.

"She's only had eight days of school!"

"Oh come on, it's fine."

"Jennie, I just want people to think that we're good parents. It's bad enough that they judge us, and our child for our 'odd' family, but it'll become even worse if we can't prove that we can handle having a family."

Jennie sighs and looks down at Seoyeon sadly.

"Jisoo, don't say stuff like that in front of Seoyeon."

"Let's just hurry up and go." Jisoo says, stepping into the lobby.

Jennie drives to the preschool that Seoyeon attends, and drops her off before driving to the art studio Jisoo works at. For their 1st wedding anniversary, Jennie bought Jisoo a studio to work on her art, and now she's able to do it for a living.

"Hey." Jennie says, causing Jisoo to look at her. "You're an amazing mother. You need to remember that."

"Yeah, thanks." Jisoo says quietly.

"I'm serious. It's a learning process for the both of us, but you're doing amazing. You're an amazing mother, wife, and everything else in between. We may have a dysfunctional family, but it's our dysfunctional family. So I know that you're feeling frustrated, and the people around us aren't as accepting as we'd wished, but I know that of all those parents, you're the best one out there. No other parent will love their child as much as you do, and no other parent will care so much that they drive themselves crazy." Jennie chuckles. "So I don't want you to ever doubt your skills as a parent, and you need to always remember that what other people say doesn't define you. You are forever going to be the quirky girl that I fell in love with, the sweet woman that I married, and the kind, loving woman that is the mother to our child."

"Thank you, I needed that." Jisoo says, smiling softly.

"Now go make another masterpiece."

Jisoo smiles as she gets out of the car and kisses Jennie on the cheek before getting out.

"I'll come pick you up for lunch, alright? Love you!" Jennie calls out before driving away.

~~~

"Can you pick Seoyeon up from school today without me? I have a couple more things that I want to finish tonight, and I don't think I'll be able to finish it before you come, so I'll just take the subway back home."

"I don't want you taking the subway back home, it's yucky." Jennie says, making a face.

"Well I don't want to bother you and Seoyeon, it might be late and Seoyeon needs to be in bed by 7:30."