Together-39

A freshly engaged Jennie and Jisoo are sitting on the window sill of their hotel room, talking about their new plans for engagement.

"Who should we tell first?" Jennie asks excitedly.

"You're not gonna like this, but hear me out."

"Okay, what is it?"

"We should tell your dad."

"I'm not gonna tell him first, he's not going to care."

"I know you don't really like the relationship you have with your dad, but he's still your dad. We should tell him."

"Why can't we just tell Chae and Lisa?" Jennie whines.

"We will, when we get back to Korea. But we should really tell your dad."

"Jisoo, he's not gonna care, and you know it."

"He will care. You need to stop doubting that he cares about you, because he really does."

"He didn't care when I was growing up, what makes you think he's gonna care now?"

"Do you not understand? He just wants the best for you. It's been years, and you're living on your own now. The past doesn't matter, but it also doesn't change the fact that he's your dad."

"I'm telling you, he's not gonna care. Why do you think you've only met him once?"

"You really don't think that he cares about you? Don't you consider all those years of him running a giant company, as a single dad, to try and give you everything you could possibly want in the world caring? Jennie, if anyone loves you more than I do, it's your dad. He deserves to know first. All he's wanted was for you to be happy, and when you tell him that you're engaged, it's going to make him happy."

Jennie looks down, staring at her palms.

"Hey, come on, you know I'm right." Jisoo chuckles, lifting Jennie's chin.

"Yeah, you are." Jennie smiles. "This is why we're getting married, you fix my weak spots."

"So are you gonna call your dad?"

"Yes, I'll put him on speaker phone so we can tell him together."

"I'm proud of you." Jisoo smiles softly, pecking Jennie's lips.

Jennie picks up her phone and calls her dad. After a few rings, he picks up.

"Jennie? Hi, how are you? How's my favorite daughter doing?"

"Yeah, hi dad. I uh, I have something to tell you, and it's pretty important."

"Oh my god. You're not pregnant are you? Please tell me you're not pregnant. I mean, not that I won't be happy if you're pregnant, but-"

"Dad! It's not that, also Jisoo is here too."

"Hi Mr. Jiyong!" Jisoo says cheerfully.

"Jisoo, I keep telling Lisa not to call me that, I can't believe she taught it to you as well." he chuckles.

"Anyways, we have something to tell you." Jennie says.

"Alright, I'm all ears."

"We're uh, we're engaged."

"Really?! Wow, I'm so happy for you two! Who else knows?"

"No one else knows, we just thought it'd be best to tell you first."

"Well thank you, for, telling me first."

"It's uh, it's no problem."

"If your mother were still here, she'd be very excited. We both know how much she wanted you to be able to find the love of your life. Well, welcome to the family Jisoo!"

"Thank you, I can't wait to marry your daughter." Jisoo smiles.

"Ooh! I'll pay for the wedding! Make it as extravagant as possible!"

"Actually, we were thinking of just holding a smaller reception, you know, to just have close friends and family there." Jennie says.

"Ah, I understand. But still, let me pay. I can't wait to be able to see my little girl get married!"

"I can't wait to get married as well." Jisoo says, taking Jennie's hand in hers.

"Jisoo and I should get to bed, it's getting quite late here. Love you dad!"

"I love you too darling, I'm so happy for you two! Now get some rest, I'll talk to you later, 'kay?"

"Alright dad, goodnight."

"Goodnight."

Jennie sets her phone down on the bedside table and Jisoo envelops her into a big hug.

"I told you it'd go well, didn't I? He was so happy for you! He cares about you so much and you don't even realize it." Jisoo whispers into Jennie's neck.

"Every single day you never cease to amaze me. Thank you for this."

"You're welcome."

"Do you know what engaged couples normally do on their first night of being engaged?"

"I dunno, cuddle and watch a movie?" Jisoo laughs.

"Exactly! What do you wanna watch?"

"Jennie," Jisoo groans, flopping onto the bed.

"Yes?" Jennie asks innocently.

"Please?"

"Yeah, sure I guess." Jennie shrugs.

Jisoo narrows her eyes as she studies Jennie's face, accepting it as a challenge.
"Do I have to make you crack?"

"I think we both know I will."

"That's true." Jisoo mumbles as she starts kissing Jennie's neck.

"I love you so much, words cannot even begin to explain."

Jisoo pulls away, staring into Jennie's eyes lovingly.

"Thank you for providing me so much happiness over the past year, I love you so much and I don't want to even think about what my life would be like if we hadn't met each other."

"Promise me that we'll be together in our next lives, and our lives after that."

"Together forever."

"How cheesy."

~~~

A/N: I've been writing these running on very little sleep, so they're bound to be bad.  I'm very sorry.