I Promise-34

A little less than a year has passed, and today is Jennie and Jisoo's one year anniversary. The only thing that has changed between the two is that they're now living together in Jennie's penthouse. Jennie really enjoys it, being that she gets to wake up next to Jisoo every morning, and it makes the space feel significantly less empty.

"Jennie, you need to hurry up or else we're going to be late for work."

"I know, I know, just give me a few seconds." Jennie says, fixing her hair.

"We're never having sex before work again if it takes you this long to get ready."

That's enough to get Jennie quickly out the door and into her car to drive the two of them to work.

"Unnies, I really need your help on something." Lisa says quickly, pulling Jennie and Jisoo into the elevator once they step into the YG building.

"Lisa, calm down, what happened?" Jennie asks calmly.

"I'm really, really, nervous."

"Why?" Jisoo asks.

"I know I haven't told you anything about it, but I'm planning to propose to Chaeyoung tomorrow night."

"What? Really? Oh, I'm so happy for you two!" Jennie squeals.

"Yeah, anyway, I just- I'm really nervous. What if she says no?"

"She's not gonna say no, she loves you too much."

"I mean, but what if she thinks it's too soon?"

"She's not gonna think it's too soon, you guys have known each other for like, three years now."

"That's true." Lisa replies, nervously chewing on her bottom lip.

"Come on Lisa, you two are made for each other, she'll say yes." Jisoo reassures.

"Alright, I have this idea for how I wanna propose, but I want your input on it. Could you come to my office at lunch?"

"I thought we were all going out together at lunch." Jisoo says.

"Hm, I guess you're right, so could you do it now?"

"Of course Lisa." Jennie smiles.

~~~

"Yes Lisa, it's perfect, she's gonna love it." Jisoo says.

"Thanks for all your help you guys." Lisa smiles, bringing the pair into a giant hug.

"Anytime."

"Are we still up for lunch?"

"Yeah, I was thinking that we could go to that new ramen place that just opened up down the street."

"Sounds good, I'll tell Chaeyoung."

Jennie and Jisoo walk out of Lisa's office, and Jennie swings their arms between them as they walk. Although Jisoo hasn't actually initiated conversations over the topic that she's gay, she's now open about it, and if someone asks about her sexuality, she'll happily tell them that she's gay. But not very many people really ask if she's gay.

"I got us dinner reservations for tonight." Jennie smiles at Jisoo.

"Wow, I can't believe it's already been a year."

"I know, it seems like just yesterday I had taken you out to see the cherry blossoms."

"I'd say that we've come quite far, don't you think?" Jisoo chuckles, playing with Jennie's fingers.

"I have a surprise for you tonight."

"What is it?"

"If I tell you it won't be a surprise."