Welcome To America-37

Jennie watches with a soft smile on her face as Jisoo snores lightly on her shoulder, tightly bundled up in the blanket the airline provides, and in her hoodie. After about 15 minutes, the plane starts shaking slightly, effectively shaking Jisoo awake.

"Wha, why is the plane shaking? Jennie, what's going on?" Jisoo asks frantically, clinging onto Jennie's arm.

"Don't worry, it's just a little turbulence."

"Turbulence?! What's that?!"

"We're just going through a thin patch of air."

"Are we gonna fall?"

"No, we'll be fine, go back to sleep."

Jisoo lays her head onto Jennie's arm again, trying to shut the fact of falling from the sky out of her mind.

~~~

"We're gonna land soon, you might be able to see the city." Jennie says, reaching across Jisoo to pull the window shade up.

The window reveals a soft sunrise over the New York City skyline, as the plane flies into JFK airport.

"Wow, this is amazing." Jisoo whispers.

"I know right? Welcome to America."

"It looks so small from here."

"Oh trust me, it's so amazing once you're in the city. All the buildings, and the whole atmosphere is just so, so intriguing."

~~~

After getting out of the airport, the two hop into a taxi and Jennie asks the driver to take them to her hotel in her perfect English. The taxi pulls up to Westin Grand Central and the driver helps Jennie pull the suitcases out of the trunk.

"Wait here, and I'll go check us in." Jennie says.

Jisoo nods and sits down on a chair with the suitcases when a bellhop approaches her.

"Hello ma'am, do you need any help getting these bags up to your room?" he asks in English.

"Uh, no English please, thank you." Jisoo responds nervously.

"You don't understand English?"

Jisoo stares back at him with a blank look on her face.

"I'm sorry to bother you ma'am." the bellhop says before walking away.

"Who was that?" Jennie asks, walking up to Jisoo.

"I don't know, he kept talking in English."

"I got our room keys." Jennie chuckles, handing a plastic card over to Jisoo.

"Are we able to go in now? What about the check in time? It's only like, 8:00 A.M. right now."

"Don't worry, they said that there's a room available right now."

"Are you sure you didn't pay the extra fee?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

Jennie did in fact, pay the extra fee, but she figures Jisoo doesn't have to know that. After all, if she did tell her, Jisoo would only get on her about spending too much money on the trip. As much as Jennie tries to tell her that money isn't an object in this situation, Jisoo still won't believe her. They ride the elevator to the room with Jisoo bouncing up and down like a little kid, and despite coming off of an 18-hour flight, she's surprisingly energetic. Jennie, on the other hand is the exact opposite.

"Here it is." Jennie says, opening the door to the hotel room.

It's an average hotel room, with a king sized bed in the middle, a desk in the corner, with a TV on a dresser in the middle of the wall. The bathroom is large, with a marble countertop sink, and a bathtub along with a shower.

"Sorry it's not much, but this is what you get in New York I guess." Jennie says, opening the blinds to reveal a small balcony with a table and two chairs on it.

"It's amazing."

Jennie opens the sliding glass door, and steps out onto the balcony, watching all the people scurry down below to get to a taxi, or disappear down the stairs towards a subway station. Jisoo follows suit and leans onto the railing, staring at the side of Jennie's face.

"Thank you." Jisoo almost whispers.

"For what?"

"For everything. For making me smile everyday, for changing my life, for being the love of my life, for this trip, for everything."

~~~

A/N: Thank you for 6k reads!!! <3