Don't Leave-28

"Where's your car?" Jisoo asks when they're out of the building.

"I've been taking the subway. I don't think it's safe for me to drive right now."

"Hypocrite."

"No I'm not! I just, don't wanna get into a car crash." Jennie says quietly.

"I guess you're right."

The two take the subway to Jisoo's apartment, holding hands the entire way, while also getting strange looks from people on the street. But Jennie doesn't care, she's just glad that she's with Jisoo. Once they arrive, Jisoo pulls out her keys, unlocking the door revealing her apartment with canvases and paintings sprawled everywhere across her floor.

"Wow." is all Jennie can say.

"Yeah, I found this to be the most relaxing method for myself."

Jennie looks around at all of Jisoo's newest paintings, taking in everything she sees. After all, it's almost like she's getting a peek into what goes on in Jisoo's head. Most of the paintings have a dark tint taking over them, but some seem to have some light added as a finishing touch.

"You're very talented." Jennie compliments.

"Thanks."

"Is this what you did for the past couple weeks?"

"Pretty much, yeah. This one's my favorite." Jisoo says, pulling out a small, 8x8 canvas.

On it are two sleeping figures, entangled in each others arms, but with darkness surrounding them, and a smaller figure in between them; one that can be interpreted as a child. Jennie smiles and runs her fingers against the canvas, then looks up at Jisoo.

"It's beautiful."

"It's not my best work, but definitely my favorite."

"You want kids someday?"

"Eventually."

An awkward silence is shared until Jisoo makes her way to the couch and sits down, motioning for Jennie to follow.

"So, we need to talk." Jisoo says.

"Yeah, we do."

"Uh, I came out to my parents, so that's something I guess."

"Really? How'd it go?"

"Not too well, I think they're just in denial of everything right now."

"I'm sure they'll come around, they're your parents."

"Anyways, I guess we should talk about the big issue here. Uh, where do I start.  I still love you. I do, but, I'm afraid of getting hurt again. I know you didn't intentionally try to hurt me, but I think it's just that paranoia in me saying, 'what if she's just in this to be in a relationship', y'know? There's no point in being in a relationship if you can't see yourself marrying that person. It hurts so much, and I don't really know what to do. I had only worked out my thoughts until there, but I missed you too much, I wanted to see you again"

"I missed you too. Just ask Lisa and Chae." Jennie chuckles. "But I don't want to lose you a second time Jisoo, I promise I won't hurt you."

"I don't even know at this point, I'm afraid. I'm afraid that if we try this again, we'll only end up hurting ourselves."

"Jisoo, please, I'm begging you. I would never intentionally hurt you, I just thought that I was doing what was best for our relationship at the time. Obviously I was wrong, but I learned from that. I learned what you want, and I know that I don't ever want to hurt you again. Please."