The Right Girl-5

The next day, just as Jennie said she would, stood outside of Jisoo's apartment building waiting for her to come down. When she finally did, Jennie took Jisoo's bag placing it in the backseat before walking over to the passenger side to hold the door open for her. They made a stop at Starbucks and Jennie ordered two coffees for them. Jisoo couldn't help but smile seeing Jennie driving, and when they talked, it was comfortable, and they could just sit in a comfortable silence if they wanted to.

"So, how are things with you and Jinyoung?" Jennie suddenly asks.

"It's going pretty well, he's nice and everything."

Jennie just sits there, nodding her head, until Jisoo asks, "Do you have anyone? I mean, surely you do, you're really pretty and sweet, and call me materialistic, but you're really rich. So I wouldn't see why you wouldn't have a boyfriend."

"No, I'm just waiting for the right girl to come along I guess."

Jisoo quickly looks at her palms trying to avoid looking up at Jennie.

"Great going dimwit, you screwed it all up." Jennie says in her head.

Jisoo looks up from her palms and back at Jennie who's gripping the steering wheel nervously.

"Nini, are you okay?" Jisoo asks

"Yep. Totally fine. Totally fine."

"It's okay. I'm not homophobic or anything, and I think it's very admirable that you're able to be openly out in a place like this."

Jennie just purses her lips before breathing out a "Thanks." They drive the rest of the way in silence except for the sound of Jisoo sipping her coffee every now and then. When they arrive at YG, Jennie still makes a point to open the door for Jisoo and carry her bag, but they walk without making eye contact or speaking a word.

~~~

"Lisa, you don't understand!" Jennie cries, pacing around her office.

"Calm down Unnie, you're making me dizzy." Lisa complains.

"You weren't there Lisa! You didn't see how she reacted when I told her that I was looking for a girl.

"But she said she wasn't homophobic, right?"

"Everyone says that Lisa, she probably thought it was so weird."

"Why are you so upset over this? Why does it matter what your secretary thinks?"

"I dunno, I just don't want her to think badly of me I guess."

"No, I think the correct answer is because you like her."

"I don't like her like that!"

"I honestly don't understand why you're getting so upset over this."

"You're gay too! You really should understand what I'm going through!" Jennie shouts at the top of her lungs.

"Unnie calm down, or else you get to figure this out on your own!" Lisa shouts back.

Jennie collects herself and sits back down at her desk trying to organize her thoughts.

"Well???" Lisa asks impatiently.

"I mean, she's really pretty, and she's really easy to talk to. That's all."

"Come on Unnie, I know there's more."

"And, she's always happy, I wish I was always happy. Maybe I'm just in admiration of her. You know, like, she's so perfect that I want to be her. Not that I like her."

Lisa imitates the buzzer noise at a game show. "Err. Wrong again Unnie."

"Ugh, I don't know Lisa!" Jennie sighs dramatically. "What about you and Chaeyoung?" she retorts quickly.

"We've actually been consistently in contact for the past couple days now, thank you very much." Lisa smiles proudly.

"Well does she know?"

"Yup, I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual, so I guess it's all a waiting game now."

"How is it that the person you like is like 7,000 kilometers away from you, yet your situation is still better than mine?"

"Ah, so your Jisoo obsession is a situation now?" Lisa smirks.

"No, goddamnit!" Jennie laughs, playfully smacking Lisa's arm.

"Alright Jennie, I'm gonna go back to work. Don't forget to take Jisoo home tonight!" she sings, skipping out of Jennie's office past Jisoo.

Jisoo just looks up from her work, but it doesn't surprise her that Lisa's like this. Jisoo figures that Lisa has a more energetic personality and can really see herself becoming good friends with her in the future.

~~~

As Jisoo and Jennie walk back to Jennie's black porsche, Jisoo finally speaks up.

"I'm sorry about this morning." she says shyly. "I shouldn't have reacted the way I did. I know it must be hard to come out and say stuff like that. But I promise I'm not homophobic, I mean, I was just surprised, that's all."

"It's okay Jisoo, I understand."

"Nini, please don't be mad at me."

"I'm not mad."

"But your face is red." Jisoo says, poking Jennie's cheek.

Jennie looks down, trying not to smile when Jisoo stops in front of her, pulling her head up to look her directly in the eyes. They're in an empty parking garage and Jennie can practically feel her heart leaping out of her chest while Jisoo stares into her eyes. Then Jisoo breaks into a smile and turns on her heels happily dragging Jennie by her wrist to the car.