Don't Lie-33

As Jennie tears through the entire Gucci store for what seems like the 100th time, Jisoo decides to take a break from the overpowering smell of leather and sit on a bench outside the store. She plays games on her phone, waiting for Jennie to come out when someone sits next to her.

"Hey."

Jisoo looks up and locks eyes with Jinyoung. Yep, that Jinyoung.

"Uh, hi." Jisoo awkwardly says back.

"So how have you been?"

"I've been good, how about you?"

"Look, I really wanted to apologize. I know, that I did something beyond apologies, and I've been too scared to reach out to you, but I saw you sitting here and just figured that now was as good a time as ever. I've really hated myself for doing something like that, and I've learned. When I did that, I wasn't in the right headspace, and I was ignorant, arrogant, and everything else in between. For a while I didn't feel bad about it, but once it all hit me, I just couldn't bare to look at myself in the mirror. Mark really helped talk to me about it, I know how well you two clicked, but now I've come to accept that it's something that I can't undo, and that I was, extremely, wrong for ever daring to hurt you. I'm so, so, sorry. I know that this apology doesn't magically make what I did go away, and I would really understand if you just got up and walked away right now, but I just wanted you to know that I regret ever doing anything like that, and that you deserve all the happiness in the world."

Jisoo looks down, not really knowing how to react, and Jinyoung takes her hand in his.

"I forgive you." she finally says. "I'd never want someone to have to live with that kind of guilt, and I know that you're sorry. I really respect you for the amount of courage that you have to come and apologize. Also, tell Mark I said hi." she chuckles.

"Will do. I'm sure he'll be happy."

They sit in an awkward silence for a while, but Jisoo enjoys being able to talk to Jinyoung again. Besides the fact that he slammed her into a wall, they really did have a good time together while they were dating, and it was nice that he apologized.

"Hey Jisoo, would you like to hang out sometime? As friends?" Jinyoung asks.

"Yeah, I'd like that."

"Great I'll call you sometime and-"

Jinyoung is interrupted when Jennie comes out of the store and stares at him with a blank expression. Yet, it's somehow still intimidating.

"What are you doing." she asks.

"Uh, sorry, I'm just Jisoo's friend. I'm guess I'm gonna go now. Bye Jisoo, it was really nice seeing you again!" he waves before quickly walking away.

"Who was that, and why were you holding hands?"

"It was just Jinyoung."

"Jinyoung, as in your ex Jinyoung?"

"Yeah, that Jinyoung. We were just talking, we're friends now."

"Then why was he holding your hand?"
"Look, it's a complicated situation, he was just apologizing."

"Apologizing for what?"

"Uh, nothing, it's not a big deal. Let's just go home." Jisoo says, standing up.

"Jisoo, don't lie to me." Jennie says, grabbing Jisoo's hand and pulling her back.

"Uh," Jisoo clears her throat. "Remember that time I called you, and you had to call an ambulance to take me to the hospital?"