Looks Like A Zombie-26

Two weeks have passed, and still no sign of Jisoo. Jennie's getting worse and worse as the days pass as well. She's been eating and sleeping less, which have an obvious physical effect on her, and she's been showing up to work in sweats all day, pushing anyone and everyone who isn't Jisoo away. Leaving Chaeyoung and Lisa to just watch sadly as their friend slowly fades away.

"I can't take this anymore." Lisa whispers to Chae as they watch Jennie sadly walk into her office.

"What are you going to do?"

"Talk some sense into her."

"Lisa, you can't. Just let her hold onto the hope."

"No, look at her! She's miserable."

"Fine."

Lisa slowly walks into Jennie's office, tentatively sitting next to Jennie who's laying face down on the couch.

"How're you feeling?"

"Miserable."

"You need to start working again Jennie."

"I just want her to come back."

"I know you do, but, it's been a couple weeks, and well, she hasn't yet."

"Do you think she will?"

Lisa hesitates for a moment, trying to choose her words carefully knowing that Jennie's very, very, fragile right now.

"I don't know."

"Do you think that she's found someone else already?"

"I highly doubt it."

"So why won't she come back already?!"

"She said she needed time, give her time."

"I miss her so much."

"I know you do, but you also need to work."

Jennie slowly lifts her face from the couch cushions, revealing her extremely sunken cheeks, dark eye bags, and extremely pale skin. She's actually starting to resemble a zombie.

"Oh my go-. I mean, just go to your desk and work. I'll come check on you in a couple hours."

Lisa practically drags Jennie to her chair, and turns on her computer monitor for her, revealing a candid picture of Jisoo standing under the cherry blossom trees as her backdrop. This only makes Jennie slouch back into her chair, tears threatening to fall once again.

"Jesus christ Unnie, focus, focus! Look, I changed it for you. Now at least respond to some e-mails."

Jennie shrugs, grabbing her mouse, and Lisa takes that as a silent victory for herself. She walks out of Jennie's office, grabbing Chaeyoung by the waist as they walk towards her office.

"How's she doing?" Chaeyoung asks.

"Not good. She looks like a zombie."

"Is there anything we can do to help her?"

"I dunno, she only wants Jisoo."

"Aish, do we have any way to contact Jisoo?"

"Actually, I have her phone number."

"Really?! How'd you get that?!"

"I asked her to run a couple errands for me and I had to text her the list. Anyways, we could totally call her if we wanted to."

"Lisa, you're a genius! This is why we're dating."

"Thank you, I know I am."

"So should we call her?"

"I don't see why not, I'll do anything to have the old Jennie back again. But I also miss Jisoo Unnie as well."

Chae nods her head in agreement, and the pair walks into Lisa's office, flopping onto Lisa's own couch, and click on Jisoo's contact. After a few rings, Jisoo picks up.

"Hello?"

"Jisoo Unnie! How are you?"

"I've been better."

"Are you planning to come to work anytime soon?" Lisa asks.

"I dunno, I've been trying to get myself to go for the past couple days, I just can't bring myself to do it."

"Chae and I miss you. We miss our group KFC runs."

"I miss you guys too. How's Jennie?"

"She misses you, a lot. She's not functioning properly. Please come back, we want our boss back."

"I'm not too sure about that. I don't think I'm ready to come back anytime soon."

Chae sadly huffs out a sigh of defeat, and leans on to Lisa's shoulder, clinging to her arm.

"Y-yeah, we understand."

Chae, Lisa and Jisoo talk on the phone for about another half hour, occasionally getting a laugh out of Jisoo, but mainly solemn, short answers.

"Looks like she's not coming back anytime soon." Chae frowns once they've hung up.

"Maybe we should just be optimistic. She said she's been trying to come to work."

"I guess you're right. Should we tell Jennie Unnie?"

"No, it'll only upset her that we talked to her and she didn't."

"I hope she comes back."

"You and me both, baby. You and me both."