Chapter 2. Unfamiliar Stranger

12 years have passed since the tragic incident took place.With the time that had passed, Elina had turned into a beautiful girl. Her sapphire blue eyes, velvety black hairs, milky white skin and rosy pink lips made her an absolute stunner. With the years that had passed, she had created hatred for the vampires. Even though they lived in the town where the humans and the vampires resided together, she has always kept a distance from the dark creatures. She had started living with her only relatives Uncle Aron and his wife Rachel in the town of Iris.

"I am leaving" Elina said standing on the doorstep tiptoeing, wearing her shoes.

"Wait!"Aunt Rachel exclaimed moving towards her."My child , are you sure you want to visit the forest.I mean can't we just decorate the cake with these berries" she poined at the berries with a worried expression.

Aron and Rachel loved Elina like their own daughter. They did not have any kids of their own. Years ago, Rachel's daughter died the moment she was born and she could not conceive any more children.

Elina placed her hand on Rachel's shoulder"You worry alot,I will be fine.The rare forest berries are Uncle Aron's favourite and you know I always have my weapons in case of any danger" she said dragging out the sharp wooden stake from the basket she was holding.

"Okay, go carefully and come back as fast as you can".

Elina waved a goodbye and left the house.

The forest was in the middle of both the cities of Iris and Veneton. The forest connected both the cities. It was the same forest where Elina resided before her parents death.Except from the wild creatures, the forest had a high variety of rare fruits which was not found in the town market. People tried to take these fruits but due to the fear of the wild creatures, they never entered the forest. It was only few minutes walk from Iris whereas it was a little far from Veneton.

Elina entered the forest carrying the small fruit basket which had wooden stake placed inside it. After her parents death, she never visited her old house and she rarely visited the forest. The forest was restricted but still no one use to care whether who entered. She plucked some rare blue berries from the tree and started walking the way out of the forest.As she was tracing back her footsteps, she felt someone standing behind her. Without a second thought, she took hold of the wooden stake from the basket and turning back crashing the person towards the tree, she held the wooden stake just near his chest.

"You were trying to kill me, right? You blood-sucking creature!" Elina yelled at the man holding the stake firmly against his chest.

"Dangerous, aren't you?" The man's lips twisted into an amused smile as she narrowed her eyes at him,"Please leave me. I don't even know you and I came here for hunting," he said his eyes fixated on the wooden stake. It is a pity that the mere piece of wood wouldn't be able to even scratch his skin but he had to applaud for the girl's bravery. She didn't know who he was after all.

"Hunting humans?"

"No animals"

"Sounds believable" she said moving behind and placing the wooden stake back in the basket. Both of them started walking out of the forest, the man walking beside Elina.

"So from which town you are?"the man asked curiosly, his dark brown eyes with a shade of red reflecting in the dawn sunlight.

"That's none of your business mister".

"So rude" he said giving a dissapointed look.

Suddenly, she felt the man push her making her fall on the ground. She got up immediately holding the wooden stake and pushed the man on the ground and again placed the stake near the man's chest.

"I knew you wanted to kill me but remember you won't be able to do so, understand"she yelled at him.

"Oh my my, you won't leave me until you take my life. There was a poisonous spider ,Look!" he said pointing at the golden and black spider on the harsh grass.

"Oh crap!" she muttered a curse under her breath.

"Now will you leave me?"

"Okay" she moved back getting up and dusting her skirt.When she turned to see the man, he had vanished.

"Weird person, bad day Elina" she murmured to herself walking her way out of the forest.

When she reached her house, uncle Aron had already returned. Before she could go inside, she heard them speak. Elina stood behind the door and and spied them from outside.

"But we can't tell this to Elina" Rachel said facing Aron.

"Yes,we can't let her know that we don't have money ,even to eat" uncle Aron said in a sad tone.

Elina entered the house."What happened Aunt Rachel and Uncle Aron?" she asked as if she didn't hear them.

"Elina, you are back?" Rachel said in a flabbergasted tone before she dismissed it with a shrug."Nothing important my child".

"Let's decorate the cake. See I bought your favourite berries Uncle Aron"

"You went to that forest? Why did you go there?It's a very dangerous place, you shouldn't have gone" he said in a worried tone getting up from the chair.

"Infact i think i am dangerous for the people over there" she said in a low and sarcastic tone.

"What?" he asked a little confused.

"I am fine you don't need to worry about me.Now let's decorate the cake" Elina said excitedly.

Both Elina and Aunt Rachel started decorating the cake. After enjoying the delicious cake. Aunt Rachel and Uncle Aron headed towards their room and Elina headed to her room. After reaching her room, Elina took a hot water shower and sat on the rocking chair situated next to the window and stared out . As she stared outside she remembered her uncle's words "We don't have money even to eat"

"Are they really in such a bad condition? I should find a job, so that I can help them" she tought.

Elina's uncle was not financially good. Still he had always fulfilled all her needs, not thinking about themselves. Her Uncle Aron and Aunt Rachel always gave Elina the best education even through they did not have much money.

She got up from the chair and headed to the study table. She took a paper and wrote the application for a job and her qualifications. At the end of the page, she wrote 'urgent'.

"And now it's done, I will send this to the council" she said to herself moving away from the chair followed by laying on the bed.

___

Author's Note

Forgive me for any grammatical mistakes, I know there are many.
Hope you all liked this chapter.

And here are some questions for the next chapter:)

Who was that man who Elina met in the forest?

Will they meet again?

Will Elina get a job?

Where will she get a job?

Want to know the answers?
You will find it in the next chapter;)