Chapter 32. The Other Mate

Ariel's POV

Claire was fuming with anger. I haven't seen this Giselle aka Ginivieve girl--who happens to be a century old witch practicing black magic, since she's a dark--but one thing that was clear was that Claire and Lisa hated her a lot.

Both of them looked equally mad. Lisa's eyes were glowed blue dangerously--one of the sign that her siren was trying to take control-- and Claire couldn't stop muttering that Ginivieve should have been dead.

"Now I get it. The witch who clouded the hybrid's memories was none other than Ginivieve. I should have understood it. Who other than that bitch could possibly help Queen Diana." Claire rambled fuming with anger.

I am sure Ginivieve must have done something horrible to both of them that they are soo mad. I wonder what she did to them.

"She killed one of the person who was very close to me. She killed Claire's child through her black magic. She even tried to kill Jacob 'cause he chose Claire over her. She's a psychopath! I don't know how she survived Claire's attack years ago!" Lisa burst out angrily.

I totally forgot she could read my mind.

Lisa's head suddenly snapped in Stephen's direction, "Can I see the hybrid?" She asked as he nodded.

After Olivia accompanied one of the guards to get James--I guess that's the hybrid's name--we all stood in anticipation, waiting for them to return. My ears perked up as I heard footsteps echoing from a far distance.

Claudia, my wolf started squealing and jumping making me really confused by her sudden excitement.

'Claudia? What's wrong?' I ask her through our mind link.

'I am not sure' she replied.

Before I could ask what she was talking about, the door of the study room opened revealing a man chained in shackles. His head was bent low hiding his face from me.

Claudia started squealing in my head, not able to control her happiness.

I was still confused as to why she was behaving like this but my unasked question was answered as the man looked up.

I felt like the world around me stilled as my eyes met his forest green orbs. He was the most beautiful person I have ever laid my eyes on. His sweet masculine smell filled my nostrils. I can never get enough of it. I guess, he felt the same thing as he looked at me with equal passion.

"Mate" we both growled simultaneously making everyone around us shocked.

Elina's POV

Giselle stood up angrily and lunged towards Jacob.

"How dare you stop me!" She yelled and grabbed his jaws, "Don't take advantage of my love for you."

Jacob started laughing adding fuel to her anger, "Love? You're delusional, Ginivieve. Why don't you understand that I love Claire?"

Wait, why is Jacob calling her Ginivieve again and again?

"Don't speak about her from that pretty mouth of yours Jack." She snarls, "Besides I can always back out of our deal."

"You wouldn't dare touch a single hair of Claire's." He warns giving her a death glare.

A wicked smile grows on her lips, "Aww...look at you. Still worried about that pathetic wife of yours. I know I can't kill Claire but..." she turns to me with a smirk, "I can sure as hell kill Evan's little mate here."

She lifts her palms and I am thrown against the wall. Then slowly the familiar pain from earlier starts to surface back but this time, with much more force and instead of just my head, my whole body feels like pricked by thousands of needles.

"Aaghh!!" I scream.

"Let her go, Ginivieve!" Jacob yells, "You can't kill her." Giselle seems unaffected as she continues with her assault.

"You haven't found all of the mates. Daniel still has to find his. You can't kill her until then atleast!" His attempt is successful this time as Giselle releases me turning on her toes making me fall to the ground with a thud.

I am sure I broke few of my bones due to that terrible fall.

Giselle's evil laugh echoes in the cell as she goes into a laughing fit. She moves a few step back to stand in the middle of the cell so that I and Jacob both can see her before she speaks,

"You think that threat is going to work on me? I thought you knew me more than that Jack. Afterall, I was your childhood friend. I am disappointed." She has a frown on her face before masking it with a smile.

"I forgive you. Because I love you so much and so I want to show you something." She lifts her wrist up to her face before showing it to us as are eyes widen.

On her wrist was the tattoo of an eagle with a cross marked chain around its neck--similar to the one on my wrist-- the mate mark.

Giselle has a smug expression on her face as she speaks further, "I am Daniel's mate. And guess what, He doesn't know it."