Chapter 8. Mate Mark

Elina looked at the Lord of Veneton who had his eyes closed. When Lord Evan opened his eyes they were back into their normal colour.
"Are you okay?" he asked concerned moving towards her.

Elina nodded in response. If it weren't for the Lord to rescue her, she would have died until now. Suddenly, they heard a howl of a wolf from a far distance. She looked around to see a group of werewolves encircling them.
"Someone please save us from these creatures!" she muttered under her breath. Evan took hold of her hand and carried her in his arms.

"Ready for a ride?" he smirked looking at her.

"W-What are you doing?Leave me!" she asked alarmed by his sudden movement. Doesn't he know that they were held captive between the Werewolves? And God knows what ride he was talking about, her thoughts were interrupted by the sudden howl of a Werewolf making her flinch in Evan's arms.

"My My, how troublesome! I don't have time to answer your questions. Can't you see we have unwanted company?!"
He glanced at the Werewolves and then she experienced a whirl of wind around her as he ran in his vampiric speed. She closed her eyes quickly. For few seconds, she felt like everything was blank until there was a sudden halt. She opened her eyes, she was now back in front of the mansion. He put her down back on her feet.
"Didn't I say you to stay near Stefan or Olivia?" he moved towards her.

"I am sorry, Milord," she said apologetically rubbing her arms abruptly due to the cold.

Evan noticed her movement and took out his coat. "Wear this, It should keep you warm," he said draping it over her.

"I am fine" Elina shook her head trying to return his coat but seeing him raise his eyebrow and the cold wind still blowing, she decided to wear it.
"Thank you, My Lord"

The jacket was warm as she wore it and she could smell the strong and sweet scent it held. She looked at the Lord from the corner of her eyes and saw him lost deep in his thoughts while walking.

While returning to the mansion, Lord Evan left in his carriage while Stefan, Olivia and Elina were in the other carriage. Elina could feel the high radiated gaze coming from Stephan who was sitting in front of her. Looking up at him she saw him turn his face looking outside the window with a grin etched on his face. She didn't understand as to why he was smiling but then it was his nature of smiling and being happy all the time. The Lord had never given any of his things to anyone and seeing Evan's jacket wrapped on Elina made him smile.

Once they reached the mansion, she greeted her goodbye to all of them and headed towards her room. Opening the knob, she pushed the door shut behind her. Going to bed, she laid on it. It was a tiring yet enjoyable day except for the Werewolves who ruined everything. Anyways the Lord saved her at the end moment. He was a good man, she thought. Due to tiredness, she didn't realise when her eyes shut and she fell asleep.

On the other side of the mansion, Lord Evan was standing in his room's balcony looking at the sky along with Stephen beside him. Evan and Stephen shared an unbreakable bond. Both the brothers use to always stand under the moonlight in the balcony and talk to each other.

"Evan, I saw Elina wrapped in your coat. I mean, what's the matter?" Stephan spoke breaking the silence. He saw Evan turn his face to look at him.

"A Werewolf was going attack her but before anything could happen I arrived there and killed it. Moreover, I think the one I killed was the leader of the pack"

"What?! You're telling me now and you killed the Leader! It will surely add fuel to the conflict between the Vampires and the Werewolves" Stefan said flabbergasted by his revelation.

"Yes, I know but what can we do now" Evan looked at his palm, his veins were slowly turning black which was clearly visible "Stefan, my powers are increasing. We need to find her fast"

"Do you think that we can find her? We don't even know where she lives or how she looks. Can't you find yourself another mate?"

"I can't marry anyone except her. The girl with the mate mark, only she can control my powers" he looked at the sky in deep thoughts.

"But what if we never find her?"

"She's my mate. She's destined to be with me. I will find her anyhow"

_____________________________________

What kind of powers does Evan have?

How is the girl with the mate mark related with controlling his powers?

What do you think about Evan and Elina?

What was Olivia going to say at midnight to Elina?