Chapter 33. Heading to the West

Author's POV

"Do I really have to wear this?" Stephen scowled scanning his outfit in the mirror for the hundredth time. The pink flowy gown reached his ankles and the blonde wig stuck to his hair like a second skin.

Since everyone came to know that James was someone's mate--Ariel's mate to be exact, the Queen couldn't kill him. Mellisa tried to look into his head. But his memory was still fogged and all she found was bits and pieces of his life which didn't seem threatening. After thinking over the matter, all of them came up with a plan back and that's what they are working on now.

"It's important so that they don't reconise you. You don't look bad though." Olivia stifled her laugh as Stephen narrowed his eyes, "What should we name you? What about Stephanie?"

"Cool." Lisa commented, "Stephanie it is then."

Before Stephen could object or say anything, Lisa practically dragged him out of the room to where Claire and the others were.

When Claire and Daniel saw Stephen, first their eyes widened before the both of them burst into a laughing fit.

"Gosh! Stephen! You look..." Claire stopped her laughs for a moment, "Interesting?". Daniel agreed still laughing.

"Remember I am doing all this for my sister, okay," Stephen huffed.

Both of them stopped laughing before nodding as Stephen turned to Lisa, "What's the plan again?"

"First we find Elina. You two will get in the mansion secretly and tell the queen that you want to practice black magic," Lisa looked at Stephen and Olivia who were disguised to hide their real identity. "As far as I got to know about the queen from the maid's memory, she will gladly let you in. Then as soon as you both find Elina. Get her out of there."

Lisa turned to Daniel and Ariel, "You both try to find information about the queen. Try to find where she goes, what she does in her free time and also keep an eye on her daughter Carla." She smirked glancing at James who stood beside Ariel, "I am sure she will be shocked to find out that one of her hybrids is Ariel's mate, when inform her."

"I am sorry to interrupt but can't you just look into the Queen's head the way you did earlier with that girl to find out where the queen hid Elina?" Olivia inquired.

Claire spoke on Lisa's behalf, "The girl Lisa jinxed the memories before wasn't an actual witch. She was still in the process of praticing black magic so it wasn't a problem looking into her head. But the queen we don't know whether she practices black magic or not. And if she does, she can destroy her memories before we even find anything. Besides if she had created more hybrids which I assume she did, then we will have to find them all together before any more problem arises and they run away. And that is only possible if Queen Diana gathers them."

"This is so messed up." Stephen tucked irritatedly at his now long blonde hair and put his attention at Claire and Lisa knowing exactly that they weren't going to stay quiet without doing anything, "What are you and Lisa gonna do?"

Lisa glanced at Evan with a frown who stood still like a statue--his eyes pitch black with the black smoke engulfing him--before turning to Stephen, "I am stuck up with Evan while Claire tries to find Ginivieve."

During all the planning, Evan had already lost control and it took a lot of Lisa's will and power to not kill him for destroying everything around himself.

"One more thing. We have to take small baby steps. No one will rush or else we will put everyone in danger, especially Elina." Claire warned.

The smoke around Evan grew darker. He wouldn't let anything happen to Elina whether the plan succeeded or not. That was for sure.

After everyone understood their part of work, Evan, Stephen, Olivia, Lisa, Claire, Daniel, Ariel and James were seated in their respective carriages as they headed to Iris.

________

So, I got a little free time from my studies and I utilised it for writing a chapter.

I hope you guys like it:)