Chapter 19. The Masquerade ball

Elina's P.O.V

He kissed me!

I got kissed by a Lord!

He didn't even warn me before crashing his lips on mine.

Okay, It felt amazing.... What the hell am I thinking?!

How am I supposed to act normal after all these thoughts keep popping in my head? Moreover, I have to accompany Evan as his escort to the Masquerade ball. How will I possibly stay normal around him? Don't these people have anything else to do then partying every random day! I like parties but at this moment I am feeling terrible. I can't even act like I am sick because I was absolutely fine until yesterday night.

Whew. I should calm down.

Breath in. Breath out. Calm down Elina. Calm down.

I can't back out now. I will act like nothing happened yesterday and try to look normal. Yeah, that's a good idea.

I heard a knock on the door. A maid entered with a wooden casket in her hands. I looked at her eagerly as she placed the casket on the table in front of me.

"His Highness wants you to wear this." with that she exited the room leaving me speechless.

I opened the casket and there layed a beautiful necklace with an oval emerald pendant carved with diamonds and a silver chain along with two emerald studs. The necklace was soo beautiful.

Should I wear it?

It was beautiful and kind of matched perfectly with my dress so why not wear it? I will return it later anyway. It's not like I have any other option. I can simply not wear it because of my blatant excuses and disrespect His Highness' orders.

I scooped the necklace around my neck. Thank God, the maid was still out there as she helped me fix the hooks of the necklace.

Once I was done I looked at my reflection in the mirror. Okay, I looked fine and my hair looked great in an open hairstyle. I decided to keep it open and just part all my hair on the right side, messing it a bit which gave volume to my hair making it look wonders. My dress was a dark green coloured off shoulder full-length gown made of exquisite silk brocade which had a royal effect to it. Curtsies of my dress to Stephen, ofcourse. At last, my mask was silver coloured with feather at the right end. Glancing at the mirror one last time, I exited the room.

As I dismounted the stairs, I saw Olivia and Stephen stood at the porch talking about something which looked quite important. Olivia wore a purple full sleeve gown which was also made with brocade silk and her hairs were tied in a loose messy bun with few tendrils of hair left at the front. She looked stunning as always. Stephen was in his black tuxedo. It was funny looking at him all dressed up like a man.

I walked over to them. They stopped talking as I approached them.

"You look Gorgeous" Stephen and Olivia complimented at the same time and then glared at each other. Stephen's Copying logic I say.

"So do you two" I complimented.

Seconds later, Evan came wearing a black tuxedo. Well, he looked HOT. I didn't dare to look him in the eyes. Yesterday's kiss replayed in my mind and instantly I was fully red. This wasn't the time to think about it.

Act normal!

Evan walked towards me and I could feel my heart catching its pace. Why does he always have this effect on me?! I gulped the lump as he approached me and raised his hand for me to hold it. Ofcourse, I was his escort so I had to walk beside him. How did I forget that! I placed my hands on his warm ones. He leads me to the carriage and sat across me. Stephen and Olivia were in the other carriage like always and all this while, both of them were shooting teasing glances at me and Evan. These two, I say.