Chapter 13. Birthday Celebration-II

Evan's POV

"What did you eat, Elina?" I asked holding her tight. If I left her loose even for a minute she would surely collapse on the floor. She giggled. "I drank the heavenly juice" she replied trying to sound nonchalant.

Heavenly juice?

What kind of juice is that?

Wait!

"Did you..." I was interrupted when she steadied herself all of a sudden and looked straight into my eyes "I drank the one you refused me to" she said proudly and then giggled again.

Why doesn't this girl listen to me?!

"How many?" She looked at me thoughtfully and then started counting. "1....2....3....1....2....3...1..." God! This girl. She had probably got fully drunken to behave like this."Lost count" she stated finally giving up on her mindless counting.

"Didn't I tell you not to drink it?" I raised my brows for an answer.

"Who are you to tell me?" she freed her right hand from my hold and pointed towards my chest. She said ever so loudly that everyone looked at us for a minute then continued with their dance.

Does she forget I am a king, a vampire to be precise?

"It is a special wine for vampires. Humans can't hold it and that was the reason I told you not to drink it"

"Really?" she made a puppy face.

She looked so cute.

The lights in the hall dimmed. Taking the chance, I quickly carried her in my arms and carefully walked towards the corridor. A couple saw us and smiled. God knows what they were thinking.

I headed to her room and laid her on the bed. It was better she stayed here rather than creating a scene in the party. And as far as I know, it will at least take a day for getting her senses back.

I was about to leave when a hand held mine. "Why did you kill Maria?"

Seriously? She wanted to know that in her subconscious state. I don't think she will let it go. I didn't want to tell her but she won't keep quiet until she gets the truth. It was better I tell her at least she will be cautious.
"She came here to kill me" I finally decided to say her.

"She didn't look like a killer"

"Looks are deceiving, Elina"

"Why she wanted to kill you?" I knew she would ask this. She is a curious one after all.

I took a seat on the bed. She was still holding my hand and looking at me with her half-open eyes.
"You remember the Werewolf I killed while rescuing you on the day of the business party" she nodded.
"He was Maria's brother. She came here to take revenge by killing me"

She looked a bit shocked when her eyes pooled with water. "I am sorry. They tried to kill you because I despite your warning went out and you had to kill that Werewolf to save me" she apologised tears leaking her eyes.

"It's okay"

I looked at my hand which she was holding and when I looked back at her, she was fast asleep. I covered her with the quilt and placed a kiss on her forehead.

After freeing my hand from hers, I left the room quietly and headed to the courtroom.

_____

I was sitting on my Throne. Olivia and Stefan were standing in front of my throne. A bit far on a lower ground.

After Olivia's birthday party ended, everyone including Olivia, Stefan, all the soldiers of our army and the council members had gathered in the courtroom.