Chapter 15. I don't understand these people

Elina's POV

I was going through the files in the shelf. Evan had asked me to fetch some important documents from the shelf. He was sitting on the table and staring at me as I searched for the files.

Finally, I got the file which I was searching. I picked it from the shelf and turned to meet a pair of green-brown eyes peering into mine. This was the time. I had to apologise to him for my yesterday's behaviour.

"I am sorry for..."
"Are you okay n..."
We both said simultaneously. The former said by me and the latter by him.

"Yeah, what were you telling?" He asks innocently, lifting one of his perfectly shaped eyebrow and a smirk etched on his face.

He for sure knew what I was telling. Now, I won't apologise. I know I shouldn't have drunk that stupid wine but if he would have said the reason instead of ordering me not to drink it then I wouldn't have got so curious to drink it. It was his fault. Okay, not entirely his...but now I won't apologise. He was equally involved for yesterday's situation.

"I was asking whether what to do with the file"

"Really?" He got up from his chair and took a step towards me. I reluctantly stepped back until my back hit the shelf. His right arm rested on the shelf and when I tried to move from the other side. His other arm was placed on either side. Trapping me.
"I think I heard something else?" He said with a smirk etched on his face and moving his face closer to mine.

"N-No I...I" I stammered. My heart was beating wildly and my face was crimson. Ugh...what the hell does this man do to me!

"Come on. Say it. I won't eat you...at least unless you are offering your neck"
What the... "I am not your meal, Milord"

His smirk grew wider and his face moved even closer. Our faces were just inches apart when someone barged inside.

Phew. Bless that person.

"What is happening over here?" Giselle yelled at the top of her throat.

Oops. I take back my blessing.

Evan moved back and straightened himself turning, now facing Giselle.
"Giselle?"

"Yes me. You don't know this type of woman, Evan. You should stay away from them. They just want your money. She's a Bitch!" Giselle said throwing looks of disgust at me.

I don't understand what this woman thinks of herself! She is insane. It seems like she is describing herself. I wasn't just going to stay quiet and let her insult me for no reason.

"You are the daughter of a rich man yet you worked as an assistant for Evan. Now say, whose the wanton woman?!" I snapped making her eyes go round like a potato. I felt like applauding myself for bringing out such an expression from her. It was priceless. Evan seemed amused. Now, what is wrong with him?

"How dare you speak to me like that" she marched towards but before she could get to me, Evan stood in front of me blocking her way. "Giselle, I think you should go"

"But Evan..." she was shocked, angry, upset. I clearly didn't understand her expression. Evan shook his head and without any further argument, Giselle stomped out.

He turned to look at me. "Don't mind her words" with that even he existed.

I was standing alone in the study like a dumb girl. First of all, How dare that pathetic woman call me a bitch? Secondly, what struck in Evan to act like such a gentleman.

Whewww. I don't understand these people. I placed the files on Evan's desk and exited the study.

The whole day I was free and didn't actually have any work to do. Evan was nowhere to be seen after the last time I saw him. Later, I met Olivia when she was awake. I don't know whether it was true or I just felt like that but Olivia looked more pretty as a vampire. She was quite happy with her new life and she didn't have any objections. So I was happy for her.

A week passed. The whole week I was mostly free. Sometimes, I had a few documentary works but that was all. Mostly, I used to roam in the mansion or mansion gardens or talk to Stephen and Olivia. Olivia was now fully fit and fine and seemed stronger than ever. I saw Evan very rarely as he had some errands to do in the other town and was mostly out. Giselle visited the mansion more than usual. She was always wondering around Evan when he was there and when he wasn't, she acted like she owned the place. She always had a disgusted face while looking at me. Sometimes, I felt like smacking her face but then I stayed neutral as if I didn't care. Stephen said me to ignore her and then she would get furiated. And he was right.

I woke up early today. I had a shower, my breakfast, got ready and exited my room. As I descended down the stairs I saw Olivia and Evan standing at the doorstep. Both of them had a grumpy expression. Evan was continuously tapping his foot on the floor looking at his wristwatch. Olivia was holding a huge basket and kept on glancing towards the corridor with an irked expression.

I was totally confused why they were so grumpy or irked, whatever.

Then, Stephen came from the corridor which Olivia had been glancing minutes ago. He was fully covered with dust and cobwebs, he had an insect net in his hand. He held the stick of the net in his hand and marched towards Evan and Olivia as if he had just won a victory.

I didn't understand what happened but I burst out in laughter looking at Stephen's condition, drawing all the attention towards me. Olivia looked confused, Stephen started laughing without any reason and Evan again had an amused look.

I tried my best to stop laughing but looking at Stephen laugh without any reason made me even more laugh.

"Hello, Sister" Stephen waved at me and I did the same like an idiot still trying hard to stop laughing.

"Hold this" Stephen handed the insect net to Olivia. "What are you going to do with this?" Olivia asked inspecting the net.

"I am gonna catch insects and butterflies" he squealed like a child.

"What?! You wasted all this time for this stupid net, Stephen. You took one hour to get this. And for what? catching Insects. And look at yourself!" Evan scolded Stephen. I didn't understand why but it looked like a mother was shouting her child for being mischievous.

It made me more laugh but I controlled myself. It wasn't the right time to laugh now, was it?

"Now I understand why Elina was laughing. How can she resist herself from laughing when a joker is high on his tracks to entertain" Olivia added sighing at Stephen's idiocy.
But really he was fun, wasn't he?

"Are you calling yourself a joker, Olive?" Stephen made his usual innocent puppy face adding air quotation marks on the word 'joker'.

I can't. I sincerely can't control anymore. I started laughing again and everyone stared at me for the second time. Damn. What's wrong with me?

Shut up Elina. Shut up!
Breath in. Breath out. Calm down.

I inhaled a long breath and spoke: "You all going somewhere?"

Stephen was the first to reply as usual. He said to me that they were going on an outing for a day near the waterfalls of Veneton. Wasn't that one of the wonders of Veneton?
As far as I know, there's only one waterfall in Veneton. I always wanted to see it. It's said that it was some sought of a magical spot. I have heard so many stories about the place.

Evan caught me off guard when he spoke: "You want to come?"

How could I possibly decline such an offer?

"Yes, I would love to. You don't have a problem right?" Please don't deny now. I really wanna see that place.

He hummed in reply. So does that mean I can go?

Yippee.

________