Chapter 39. Battle Field

This is the longest chapter of the story!

I spotted Olivia fighting few of the hybrids who tried to attack her but she wouldn't be able to hold them for long. Afterall, they were so vast in number.

"Holy Cow! What the hell is happening?! What's Olivia doing here?! She's supposed to be inside the fort. For heavens sake! She can't fight them all!" Stephen stated and the next thing I know, he was heading towards Olivia but Lisa caught him on time.

Lisa stood in front of him with a stern look, "Stop being a child, Stephen. You can't fight them all. I cant use my powers either, my powers are way too dangerous for all of us so I'll kill these hybrids with my physical strength, you take Olivia along with you and get Claire, Jacob, Daniel and Ariel out of the fort and join me in the fight," She directed her attention on me, "Elina, stay as far as you can from me when I'm using my powers, it's a request and try to get him out of his daze. We need him." She pointed towards Evan while I and Stephen nodded obliging to her requests.

Soon enough, I saw Lisa moving through the troop of hybrids in such speed that I was barely able to locate her. Finally, I spotted her standing in the centre of the ground with hybrids surrounding her.

She signalled Stephen to drag Olivia along with him as the hybrids attention was now caught by the enchanting beauty who stood in the middle of the ground without a single trace of fear.

Stephen did as he was said and dragged a resisting Olivia along with him before heading towards the entrance of the fort.

Few hybrids tried to follow them but it was like they couldn't move ahead than a certain spot and that is when I noticed the huge ring around the ground which ended a few feets ahead from where I stood.

It was like the witch circle Ginivieve had trapped me earlier. The only difference being the bright blue light emitting from the ring.

I don't know how powerful Lisa actually is but from what I heard from Jacob, her powers are way to powerful because she uses the powers of all her species and is from the original bloodlines. Sometimes, her powers can be destructive and dangerous for others.

I tried to step more away from the ring but stopped when I noticed that Evan was still beside me, my hands clutched in his and he doesn't seem to move.

He stared blankly at the crowd which now formed around Lisa with his pitch black eyes but didn't do anything else.

We need him. He was powerful and he could actually be of help. Besides, I know he wants to help, do something but unfortunately is stuck.

Lisa had said me to bring him out of his semi-posessed state but the question is, how do I do that?

I shook him to get his attention. He turned his head in my direction to take look at my face then again stared at the crowd with furrowed eyebrows. I shaked him some more but all he did was take a look and frown before looking back at the crowd.

I sighed.

Nothing's working. What do I do?

I stared at him for a minute as a crazy idea popped in my head. Should I do what I'm thinking? Would that even work?

I sighed yet again. It's not like I have an option. If this doesn't work than at least I tried. I inched closer to him as I realised this must be the craziest thing someone would do to bring a person out of his trance.

Ignoring the thought, I stepped closer to him as my heartbeat increased it's pace. Cupping his face, I turned his head in my direction and before he could react or turn away, I placed my lips on his soft ones.