Chapter 23. Dungeon

And it's a long chapter;)

The pungent smell of blood accompanied by various sorts of growls and screams of agony was the first thing that made the very soul of me shrink when we entered the dungeons.

I know James had turned into a monster but it didn't change the fact that once, he was one of the people who I have cared so much.

The boys had to stay out because Claire didn't want any distraction while she was doing the spell to break the sire bond -more like she didn't want Evan to scare James making the chances of her spell breaking- and causing the bond to become much stronger.

Stephen and Daniel wanted to come but had to stay on Claire's insistence to look after Evan so that he doesn't come after us. After a lot of tantrums, all the three accepted to stay and Olivia accompanied me and Claire to the dungeons.

Why was I here?

Well, because I was the only person who had memories with James. My job was to remind James about his past which would make the spell easier. Olivia was there for inquiring about the creator once the bond breaks and backup since the guys weren't coming with us and Olivia was just more stronger than any normal vampire. In case The Hybrid breaks loose, then we would be screwed. Even though Claire was a witch, she couldn't do anything at an instant. It takes time to read a spell!

I entered James' cellar with Claire while Olivia stood at it's farther corner looking at us.

He was rattling the chains in an effort to break it even though it was cutting his wrists brutally but then healing at the same time. His movement stopped the moment he saw me. His eyes flickered between me, Claire and Olivia.

"Look, hybrid" Claire stood in front of James "I am gonna break your sire bond and free you. So, I want you to behave."

"How long will it take?" Olivia inquired out of the corner.

"Just a matter of minutes. Let's start now, shall we?" Claire looked at both of us for assurance, and we instinctively nodded.

Let's get over with this then I have got many questions to ask you, James.

Claire placed her palms on either side of James' head as she closed her eyes chanting some spells which sounded gibberish to me. James was jerking, trying to break free. He looked murderously at Claire.

Suddenly, her eyes snapped open.

"Elina, I need you to make him remember about his past life. Hold my hand and imagine your moments together."

Removing her left hand from James' temple, she extended it for me to hold. But the moment she held my hand, she stared it with wide eyes. It was then I noticed when I looked down at my hand, there was a tattoo lying on my wrist which looked like an eagle with a cross marked chain around its neck. What kind of a tattoo is that? I have never seen it before on my hand. Hell! How did it even end up on my wrist?

We heard a loud growl snapping us out of our trance. Claire shook her head and smiled at me before continuing her spell. Ignoring the strange tattoo,  I did as she said reminiscing my and James moments together from childhood. The moments when we use to run in the fields chasing each other, When due to our hatred for numbers caused us to throw the curry on Mr. Mars (our maths teacher), when we confessed that we actually loved each other more than friends. I know, that's strange but it was one of the best memory for both of us.

I don't why, but it seems like it's not anymore that important for me, not because he's a hybrid, it's just that the attraction I had for him seems to fade away to the back of mind.

After a lot of growling and struggling, James seemed to calm down as Claire stopped chanting and looked at me with a Cheshire grin.

"It's done."