*panic attack warning* I'm here

Tamaki had been prone to panic attacks since middle school and didn't really have anyone to talk to about it.

   One day, after the host club had left for home, Kyoya was packing up his things when he heard a strange wheezing sound coming from one of the changing rooms.

   He worriedly walked over to the one where the sound was coming from.

     "Hello? Are you ok in there?"

   No answer.

     "Can I come in?"

   No answer.

     "I'm coming in, ok?" Kyoya waited a few seconds and then pulled he curtain aside, where he saw Tamaki hyperventilating in the corner. His body shaking and sweating. He wasn't curled up in a ball or rocking back in forth as tv portrays it, but he had a distant stare and an expression of fear.

   Kyoya closed the curtain an looked around  to make sure there was no way Tamaki could hurt himself an kneeled next to him.

     "Hello Tamaki. You're ok, listen to to me ok?" Kyoya paused for a second. "I want you to find 5 things you can see ok? Say them out loud if you can."

     "The the the floor, curtain, the- you, mirror..."

     "One more Tamaki, ok?"

     "Ceiling."

     "Good, now try to find 4 things you can touch, ok?"

     "Shoes, wall, shirt, you"

     "You're doing really good, now 3 things you can smell."

     "Floor wax, tea and coffee."

     "You're doing great. Now find 2 things you hear."

     "Me and you"

     "You're almost there, ok? Find one thing you can taste."

     "Coffee, I can..."

     "Tamaki, you're ok. Focus on breathing, ok? Breathe in 1. 2. 3. 4. Hold it 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. Breathe out 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. Keep going, you're ok."

     "Kyoya..."

     "I'm here, breathe. Ok, I need you to hold your hand out, alright? Then I need you to curl your fingers in one by one then back out the same way."

   After a few minutes of gets Tamaki to slow his breathing and focus on the repetitive act of curling his fingers in and out, he stopped panicking. It was almost 6 a clock so Kyoya had one of his drivers take them to his house , as well as call Mr. Sup I and tell him Tamaki was staying at Kyoya's house for the night.

   When they got to Kyoya's, he took Tamaki to his room and made him change into some of Kyoya's clothes while the maid washed his uniform. Tamaki laid down in Kyoya's bed and pulled Kyoya to sit on it with him. Tamaki then ended up cuddling Kyoya in his sleep without realizing it.

   Kyoya didn't mind it at all, in fact, he rather enjoyed it.

While Kyoya and Tamaki slept that night, all was not peaceful as Tamaki's head was still full of his negative thoughts and his dream was full of everything that terrified him.

Tamaki was not having a nightmare, he was living though his panic attack, everything he wanted to escape was there.

His father kicking him out.
Kyoya hating him.
His mother choosing to leave.
The death of the host club.
Failing school.
Living on the streets.
Starving.
Kyoya leaving him forever.
Never getting a job.
And his own death multiple times over, in many different ways.

He felt like there was no end to his suffering, until he felt himself being woken up. He didn't care what he was seeing, in fact his eyes were so teary he couldn't see much of anything, but he wrapped his arms around the person next to him and cried into their chest.

When Tamaki finally calmed down, he heard a soft voice. It was easily distinguished, but it was softer than normal, kinder and more loving. It made him cry more because it was Kyoya. It was him and he was there and he hadn't left him.

"Shhhhh, Tamaki, it's okay. I'm right here. You're ok. I'm not leaving you." It was Kyoya's voice, but it was softer.

Tamaki could feel Kyoya playing with his hair, which was probably a right mess by then, but for once, it didn't matter. He had Kyoya and out of all the things he dreamt, losing him was the worst. Losing him was worse than any death Tamaki could suffer.

"I'm not going anywhere Tamaki." Kyoya said calmly.

"Promise?" Tamaki muttered, catching Kyoya off guard.

"Promise. If you ever need someone to talk to, call me. I'll answer, no matter the time."

"Thank you. A million times thank you."

Why Kyoya said next, Tamaki didn't hear. He didn't heard Kyoya say "I love you." but he couldn't deny it. They loved each other.