Always and Forever Love

(Post high school, Tamaki and Kyoya live together)

     "Hey Kyoya. So how do you feel today?" Tamaki asked softly, sitting next to his boyfriend on the couch.

     "Are you really going to ask every day? You should know by know how I feel because it's always the same." Kyoya replied. His voice was at a monotone that would seem normal to anyone else, but Tamaki knew the difference.

Kyoya's self esteem had been slowly going down for a few years now. Nobody else really noticed the decrease in Kyoya's input for the club as of recent or that he hasn't scolded the twins in quite some time.

For Tamaki, it was easy to see what was happening and he loves his boyfriend far too much not to try his best to cheer him up. It took a while but Tamaki realized the best thing he could do right now was be there.

Tamaki didn't care if Kyoya didn't want to go out like they use to because they could always just cuddle on the couch. Tamaki could always shower Kyoya in affection on extra bad days and sometimes on those days they would just cuddle in bed. Sometimes even holding hands would take a lot and on those days they just enjoyed each other's company.

It wasn't hard to see how much Tamaki cared and it was obvious that Kyoya did too. It all just depended on how Kyoya felt from day to day. 

Today, however, was not a good day. Tamaki smiled and kissed Kyoya's forehead and hovered his hand above Kyoya's, looking to him for an ok. Kyoya simply leaned his head on Tamaki and took his hand, the smallest of smiles on his face, but to Tamaki it was huge and beautiful. He missed the days when they would laugh together.

Which gave Tamaki an idea. The pair use to play a lot of board games and Tamaki was sure he still had some in the cabinets, but Tamaki slowly drifted off to sleep without realizing it. When he woke, Kyoya was also asleep.

Tamaki moved his small boyfriend so he was actually laying down on the couch before he went to search for the games and make some food befit was close to lunch time.

Tamaki managed to find some old board games and cards after a few minutes of searching. The one he chose was a gift from his father and he has always loved it. He use to play Machi Koro with the maids whenever they had a chance, it was also a game that he and Kyoya use to play a lot. Of course Kyoya was won, except for one time and Tamaki was sure that Kyoya had let him win somehow.

When Tamaki came back, he had warmed up soup for lunch and had the game in hand. Kyoya looked a bit confused at first but shook his head when he realized what the game was.

Tamaki sat next to his boyfriend and gave him his soup and began to eat his own. When they finished Tamaki curled up next to Kyoya and hugged him tightly, kissing his forehead.

"Are you ready to lose this game?" Tamaki asked, joking to hide his concern.

"I won't be the one losing." Kyoya said firmly, looking Tamaki in the eyes. Tamaki quickly took the chance to kiss Kyoya's lips but pulling away quickly.

He pulled away sooner than he liked but he knew Kyoya wasn't in the mood so he made it quick. Tamaki smiled, his eyes swimming with worry that he had upset Kyoya, but he got nothing in return. It was almost like Kyoya wasn't even there.

"We don't have to play the game. We could always just sit and talk, even just being with you makes me happy. It won't upset me but I need to know baby." Tamaki hated this. He hated how bad Kyoya felt, how much he hurt and Tamaki wanted to fix it even though nobody said he could.

When Kyoya didn't answer, Tamaki just curled up on the couch next to him, laying his head on Kyoya's shoulder. Tamaki took one of his boyfriend's hands in his. He played with his fingers and drawing circles on palm with a finger. Kyoya rested his head in Tamaki's, making the blond smile.

Tamaki loved Kyoya. Even if he wasn't the happiest, most positive or lively person, he had an undeniably softer personality once you knew him. Tamaki loved how warm his laugh was and how sweet he looked when he smiled, how delicate he looked when he wasn't feeling up to much or how he was always loving no matter what. Tamaki loved how soft his hands are and how comfortably they fit his, he loves how he almost always let Tamaki play with his fingers when he was nervous, how Kyoya would put his hand on Tamaki's knee if he saw Tamaki getting restless or nervous. Tamaki loved how even though they both had their own issues, they took care of each other when they could and Kyoya wouldn't tell but he loved it too.

They took care of each other. They promised from the start they would and they do. Tamaki could get to be a bit much for Kyoya but he couldn't leave and Kyoya could fall victim to his own imagination but Tamaki couldn't leave him.

Sometimes Tamaki was an ass or had no focus, but Kyoya loved him despite it and for it at the same time.

Sometimes Kyoya brought himself down, but Tamaki made sure he didn't believe that for long and loves him for it because it was part of him and Tamaki loves him always and forever.