What's the big secret?

*in which Ouran is a public school, the host club is a support group for closeted guys, and everyone in the club has a normal monetary value, or so it seems*

The host club, it was ironically perfect. Hikaru and Kaoru's parents were teachers, Mori lived with the Haninozukas, Hunni's Dad was the activities director at the community center, Haruhi's dad worked at a store, Tamaki's dad had a desk job at a business firm, but nobody new what Kyoya's parents did.

The host club had decided to meet up on a Wednesday afternoon at their last meeting. While it was Kyoya's turn to host the meeting, he refused to host at his house. This came across as strange, but not enough so to push for answers. Of course, a 'no' may have been sufficient for the majority, Tamaki took a special interest. Be it because of his crush on Kyoya or his need to protect his small family, he wanted the truth.

After the group got out of class Wednesday, Tamaki ran to catch up with Kyoya.

"Hey Kyoya! What are you doing till the meeting?"

"Probably going home, why?"

"Because I don't have any where to go so I thought we could hang out."

"Why don't you go home?" Kyoya shifted his backpack to one shoulder nervously.

"The tier on my dad's car popped so he has mine. I don't have a way to get home unless I walk and it would take to long, plus it's almost December."

"Speaking of which, where's your coat?" Kyoya gave Tamaki a once over, noticing he was still only in a t-shirt in 48° F(8° C) weather.

"I left my jacket at home." Tamaki shrugged, the cold starting to get him.

"I mean a winter coat, Tamaki."

"Grew out of my old one. Dad and I are going to check the thrift shop before we drop $50 on a new one." Tamaki said with a smile and a shrug. "So I was thinking we could do secret Santa for the host club. Or we could just have a movie night for Christmas. Movie night might be easier and then do cards. What do you think?"

"I like the idea of a movie night. It could be a lot of fun. Seriously Tamaki, you need to go inside, you're shivering." Kyoya gave Tamaki a worried look. "Want me to drive you home?"

"Really?"

"Of course. If you walk, even with a coat, you'd get sick." Kyoya smiled softly and shrugged off his coat, wrapping it around Tamaki. "You can use mine till you can get one. I can grab one of my brothers' old coats."

Tamaki smiled at Kyoya thankfully and held the coat closer to him. It was still warm as he followed Kyoya to his car. Kyoya opened the passenger door so Tamaki could get in. He shut the door behind him and got in the driver's seat. Tamaki gave him directions to his house, getting out and going inside. Kyoya only left once he was inside.

Kyoya knew he had fallen for this boy, but he had no clue how bad he really had it.

Kyoya decided to go to the bakery till he needed to go pick up Tamaki. About 20 minutes before the meeting, Kyoya ordered a black coffee and a carmel chocolate frappe and went to pick up Tamaki. Kyoya texted him after getting to his house. Tamaki came outside, wrapped up in Kyoya's jacket that was slightly long in the arms and climbed into the car with a smile that only grew when Kyoya gave him his favorite drink, the frappe.

The next morning, when Tamaki opened the door of his house and saw a red present box on the front step. He pulled the box inside and opened it to find a brand new winter coat.